Computer problem

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Motherboards
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
January 22, 2013 12:53:06 PM

Hello dear Friends,, nice to meet you.. this is my first post.. please forgive me if my english is bad :) 

i have a serious problem about my Computer,
this is my computer spech :
1. Motherboard : Asrock P67 Extreme 4
2. VGA : AMD Radeon Saphire 7950
3. HDD : WDC black 1TB
4. Procesor : intel i7 2600k chipset 1155
5. PSu : corsair HX750
6. DVD lite on
7. Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU cooler
8. UPS : Prolink

this is my problem When i use my computer more than 24 hours
1. It will restart and restar again
2. When my computer restart , it will never go to booting screen, just on then off, on then off and just like that again, just like don't have much power
3. Dr.debug is never show up just like death motherboard.
4. and finally i can't use my computer
(sometimes i can use my computer again, but it can be happen if i pull out all my computer components and take it back to the place again)

Please help me.. :(  :( 

More about : computer problem

January 22, 2013 1:31:03 PM

Interesting problem you have there. Can you check the temperature of your CPU? It maybe over-heating otherwise, my only advice is to try buying a new power supply for your computer.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 1:36:57 PM

No need to buy a new psu just yet. Did you install the standoffs correctly, only at the ATX holes and no more?
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2013 1:56:15 PM

dragonlord12832 said:
Interesting problem you have there. Can you check the temperature of your CPU? It maybe over-heating otherwise, my only advice is to try buying a new power supply for your computer.

the temperature is good, between 40-55'C
one day after my computer get repaired by the store that i bought this motherboard, i try to test my computer.. i use my computer from 7pm till morning.. and its runs good.
but after I got home from work, approximately 4 pm.. i use my computer and the problem just come out again,, im so frustated.. :( 
m
l
January 22, 2013 2:00:12 PM

EzioAs said:
No need to buy a new psu just yet. Did you install the standoffs correctly, only at the ATX holes and no more?

maybe.. i don't know..
the problem is strated when i change my vga card, when i use evga gtx 560ti it runs good but when i change my vga with amd saphire 7950 it goes wrong.. can you please tell me.. is that my new vga is not compatible with my motherboard or my psu??
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 2:03:08 PM

Your psu is fine. Maybe the 7950 is defective. However, before I suggest you RMA it, did you make sure to uninstall the previous Nvidia drivers?
m
l
January 22, 2013 2:20:47 PM

EzioAs said:
Your psu is fine. Maybe the 7950 is defective. However, before I suggest you RMA it, did you make sure to uninstall the previous Nvidia drivers?

i have uninstall the nvidia driver.. moreover i uninstall my windows with fresh windows.. if I had to replace my vga card with the other vga card??
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 2:26:35 PM

milanholic said:
i have uninstall the nvidia driver.. moreover i uninstall my windows with fresh windows.. if I had to replace my vga card with the other vga card??

1. Sometimes, it might be because your motherboards needs a BIOS update. Refer to Asrock's website.

2. If possible, try the 7950 in a different PC and see if that works. Make sure the PC is at least capable of supporting the card. If the card doesn't work, you may need to RMA it.
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:08:50 PM

EzioAs said:
1. Sometimes, it might be because your motherboards needs a BIOS update. Refer to Asrock's website.

2. If possible, try the 7950 in a different PC and see if that works. Make sure the PC is at least capable of supporting the card. If the card doesn't work, you may need to RMA it.

i have the latest bios, im sorry what is RMA??
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 3:13:15 PM

RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_merchandise_authori...

Simply put, return the card from where you bought it and have it replace with a different card (not necessarily mean you have to get a different model).
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:56:41 PM

EzioAs said:
RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_merchandise_authori...

Simply put, return the card from where you bought it and have it replace with a different card (not necessarily mean you have to get a different model).

okay, i will do it.. i hope the distributor will accept it.. and i hope it will solve my problem.. but first of all i will make a test again with my motherboard that i have get serviced by the distributor..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 3:58:47 PM

Great. Inform us on any updates afterwards.
m
l
February 20, 2013 9:22:45 AM

EzioAs said:
Great. Inform us on any updates afterwards.

so sucks.. they still not get my motherboard repaired.. it's almost 1 month.. they said that maybe my motherboard bios have been locked, and they always upset when i ask about my motherboard..i am so frustrated.. I started thinking to change my motherboard with the new one
but i feel confuse,, because they told me that my processor it's not compatible with all new model motherboard.. they say it will make unstable.. because the chipset is different and i need to buy a new processor too.. so would you help me to choose the right motheboard?? that it's support my processor.. because my processor is the first model of intel pentium i7 2600k sandy bridge.. and maybe the motherboard that support my processor is discontinued..and if that it's true it willl bad news for me.. :(  :( 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 20, 2013 9:36:24 AM

They're lying. The Core i7-2600K is compatible with current B75/H77/Z75/Z77 chipset motherboard as well. If you can't get the motherboard back, or you want to get a new one, I suggest you get a Z77 motherboard.
m
l
February 20, 2013 1:00:09 PM

EzioAs said:
They're lying. The Core i7-2600K is compatible with current B75/H77/Z75/Z77 chipset motherboard as well. If you can't get the motherboard back, or you want to get a new one, I suggest you get a Z77 motherboard.

i hope you are right ezio.. cause i want to use my computer to play my game so badly.. almost 3 month i can't my beloved game.. :( 
and realy miss my computer..
maybe i will still waiting about my motherboard about 1 or 2 weeks again.. and if it's no good news i will buy a new one..
and if you don't mind.. could you tell me the best motherboard for my processor.. i have some motherboard list.. could you tell me what is the best one
for me.. or if my list is bad you can tell me the others..please help me..I appreciate that :) 
Asus P8Z77-VLX intel Socket 1155
Asus P8Z68-V LE intel Socket 1155
ASRock Z77 FATAL1TY Professional - M GEN3 intel Socket 1155
ASRock Z77 Performance FATAL1TY GEN3 intel Socket 1155
m
l
February 23, 2013 10:42:21 AM

EzioAs said:
Here are some Z77 boards around $150 I recommend

ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Asus P8Z77-V
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
MSI Z77A-GD55

And the Asus boards you listed are probably good as well. I don't know much about the Asrock Fatality motherboards though I don't usually recommend premium boards either.

thanks about the advice.. :) 
what about Asus Maximus Gene Motherboard mATX LGA1155.. it's motherboard compatible with my processor..?it's good or i just wasting my money?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 11:01:20 AM

Personally, I'd say that if you're more of a budget friendly person, premium motherboards offers less value. You could do just fine with a cheaper motherboard. However, if you don't mind spending a little extra, get anything you like. Just a reminder, the Maximus Gene is a microATX motherboard. You should decide yourself whether you'll be fine with 4 expansion slots or whether you want more.
m
l
February 24, 2013 3:14:42 AM

EzioAs said:
Personally, I'd say that if you're more of a budget friendly person, premium motherboards offers less value. You could do just fine with a cheaper motherboard. However, if you don't mind spending a little extra, get anything you like. Just a reminder, the Maximus Gene is a microATX motherboard. You should decide yourself whether you'll be fine with 4 expansion slots or whether you want more.

what do you mean about "You should decide yourself whether you'll be fine with 4 expansion slots" it's VGA slot or ram slot?, but I'm interested with Asus Maximus V Gene Motherboard mATX LGA1155 specification, like LucidLogix Virtu MVP or SupremeFX III, if i have more money to buy this one..do you think it's just wasting my money and i don't need to buy this motherboard?
i'm sorry if i had more to ask you my dear friend..cause i'm so amateur about PC :(  ,and please forgive me about my english..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2013 4:16:59 AM

The Maximus Gene is a micro ATX motherboard, not a full size ATX. Which means you'll have fewer expansion slots (PCI/PCIe), and I think it's 4 expansion slots on that motherboard. If you don't have much expansion cards to install (maybe you just have a single video card), a micro ATX motherboard is fine. However, if you plan on adding more cards later (2 video cards, sound card, RAID card, etc), maybe you should just consider a full size ATX. Hope I clear things up.

Another thing, Lucid Virtu MVP is not that great of a feature to consider. Most of the times, it doesn't work well creates a lot of artifacts and glitch in games.
m
l
February 24, 2013 8:40:30 AM

EzioAs said:
The Maximus Gene is a micro ATX motherboard, not a full size ATX. Which means you'll have fewer expansion slots (PCI/PCIe), and I think it's 4 expansion slots on that motherboard. If you don't have much expansion cards to install (maybe you just have a single video card), a micro ATX motherboard is fine. However, if you plan on adding more cards later (2 video cards, sound card, RAID card, etc), maybe you should just consider a full size ATX. Hope I clear things up.

Another thing, Lucid Virtu MVP is not that great of a feature to consider. Most of the times, it doesn't work well creates a lot of artifacts and glitch in games.

hmmm.. i see.. yes i don't need a SLI or cross fire.. i just use a single VGA card..so mATX just fine..okay..i will think again about Lucid virtu MVP, maybe i will buy a new Motherboard from one of the list that you give to me earlier..Thanks about all the trouble..stiil..i hope they returned my motherboard immediately..

m
l
!