Sign in with
Your question

Hyper 212 Evo temps

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2013 1:18:44 PM

Hey guys,,

Yesterday i installed a Hyper 212 Evo cpu heatsink from cooler master. I did a bad job at seating it so i re-did the thermal paste the correct way (small pea/rice grain in middle of cpu), and tightened/fastened it correctly. Now,

I am using a STOCK Intel core i5 2400 (max 3.4Ghz) in a Haf X case with great airflow. It is warm where i live at the moment so ambient temperature is up,

My Idle temps are hovering around 33 Celcius, And with the Small FTT test (Prime95) my temps were 55-56 Max after 13 tests.

Are these temps normal? just wondering if i did the installation correctly,

Thanks

More about : hyper 212 evo temps

a c 899 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 2:09:23 PM

Yes those are fine. Prime temps you will never see in normal use.
m
l
a c 221 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 2:17:43 PM

Just to confirm, those temps are good.

Keep in mind the Evo is one of those coolers that scales better the more heat you pump into it. Right now at stock the temps may seem high, but crank up the voltage and OC, you will find that temps do not go up as much as some coolers that perform better than the EVO at stock.

m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2013 3:13:54 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I am relieved now. I just did an Intel burn test on the MAXIMUM stress level, and the temps were delightful - they hovered around 55~ Celcius and the highest temp i saw was 58 degrees (on 1 of the 4 cores). This cooler is OP!!
m
l
a c 221 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 3:34:15 PM

IIXxReCoNxXII said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. I am relieved now. I just did an Intel burn test on the MAXIMUM stress level, and the temps were delightful - they hovered around 55~ Celcius and the highest temp i saw was 58 degrees (on 1 of the 4 cores). This cooler is OP!!

lol yeah the EVO really is the best thing to hit the entry CPU cooler market. Almost makes it pointless to get any more expensive cooler.
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:35:46 PM

True. I've been told the Noctua NH-D14 is the only real HSF that can beat the hyper 212, and its dual heatsink/dual fan and double the price
m
l
a c 221 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 3:42:20 PM

IIXxReCoNxXII said:
True. I've been told the Noctua NH-D14 is the only real HSF that can beat the hyper 212, and its dual heatsink/dual fan and double the price

Not entirely, the Thermalright Silver Arrow and the SB-E Extreme version is even better than the Noctua, but a little more expensive.

There are coolers that are better than the EVO, but not anywhere near that price.
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:44:30 PM

True, but the 212 evo still does an amazing job, just with 1 fan and 1 heatsink compared to those monstrous sandwich type HSF's. I dont even overclock lol im more than happy with this :) 
m
l
a c 221 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 3:52:26 PM

IIXxReCoNxXII said:
True, but the 212 evo still does an amazing job, just with 1 fan and 1 heatsink compared to those monstrous sandwich type HSF's. I dont even overclock lol im more than happy with this :) 

haha well see thats another thing, the EVO is so cheap, you do not even need to only consider it when you OC.
m
l
!