Computer Still Freezing Randomly

cycladic

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
This is a repost because I am stupid and didn't know you couldn't undo the best answer.

Built my computer on Wednesday. Installed Windows 7, all of my motherboard drivers and video card drivers. Computer freezes at random times. Usually if I haven't used it in a while I can get maybe 40 minutes of usage and then it starts freezing in shorter intervals. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

I have tried everything mentioned in the last post http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/362188-31-build-randomly-freezing-couple-minutes and all of my parts have passed each test.

System Specs: * Corsair 400r Case * 620 Seasonic PSU * Crucial M4 128 GB SSD * ASRock Z77 Motherboard * 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram (2 8gb sticks) * Intel i5 3750k * MSI 660 Ti Power Edition

TFFhR.jpg

akpqb.jpg

GVoTf.jpg

naf3I.jpg

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hello again. So nothing you tied worked? I would try reinstalling drivers, that is the easiest thing to do. Also try reistalling windows. Do you have another power supply you could try? also you can go into BIOS and make sure all of your voltages are normal.

lou784

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
It could be a faulty SSD drive? Do you have another HDD you can use to install an OS on to, and see if maybe it could be your SSD? The only reason I'm asking is because I noticed you mentioned the SSD, but nothing about a mechanical drive to store the additional data that will not fit the SSD drive.

A faulty or failing SSD will usually freeze, and or BSOD. The only other thing I can think of is maybe faulty memory, but I would test the hard drive first so you can to narrow things down a bit.

edit: I see you ran some memory test's in you're other thread, so I'd definitely try using a different hard drive to install Win 7 on to and see, if you still run into the same problem.

cycladic

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

I have a 1TB Black Caviar I could try that on. I will definitely give this a shot thank you!

cycladic

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

Hello again! Yea nothing I tried worked. Reinstalling drivers and windows was actually the first thing I did. Unfortunately I do not have an extra power supply.\Thanks again for all of your help.

Edit: Figured out how to adjust voltages trying out new settings now. Thanks

lou784

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Well, it's good that you tried what I said, and now you know it's not the SSD or memory.

How are your load temps with the CPU cooler? I noticed you are using the stock cooler, which I guess is fine for now, but how are your idle and load temps looking?

Sometimes correctly seating those push pins can be a tricky the first time. My only other guesses could be something with your PSU or even motherboard. You are running a more then adequate power supply for your rig, but could be some kind of voltage problem that can cause it to freeze.

Now obviously you can't just go around buying all the possible parts that may or not me failing especially if you don't know what's the main problem. But my only other guesses if they are not the HDD, memory, GPU, then all that's left is the motherboard and whats supplying the power to it.

Sorry to hear that though, I know how frustrating it can be when you buy some high end parts and assemble a rig together. And all you want and are expecting is for everything to work, and usually it does, but sometimes you run into a problem like you are, and it's can be very time consuming to figure out what the heck is going on.

cycladic

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hey thanks all. I switched the CPU voltage from auto to fixed and set it at 1.2. I am ignorant to what the numbers mean and am wondering what the voltage would affect.

Also, it's been an over an hour since I switched voltage and it hasn't frozen yet!

Edit: I'll check in tomorrow to update if it's still working. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate it!