Overclockd Dell optiplex 745

How well does the core 2 duo e6600 overclock with setfsb compared to a Pentium D 925. I'm using setfsb to overclock my Dell optiplex 745. With setfsb I'm able to get the 925 up to 3.5ghz stable, but soon will be replacing the 925 with a e6600 that I plan on overclocking to 2.6-2.8ghz.
Reply to shafe88
5 answers Last reply
More about overclockd dell optiplex
  1. shafe88 said:
    How well does the core 2 duo e6600 overclock with setfsb compared to a Pentium D 925. I'm using setfsb to overclock my Dell optiplex 745. With setfsb I'm able to get the 925 up to 3.5ghz stable, but soon will be replacing the 925 with a e6600 that I plan on overclocking to 2.6-2.8ghz.

Are you using a different motherboard if not how are you overclocking an OEM computer. Big box OEM's have a locked BIOS and 99.9% of the time they can't be overclocked.
    Reply to rds1220
  2. rds1220 said:
    Are you using a different motherboard if not how are you overclocking an OEM computer. Big box OEM's have a locked BIOS and 99.9% of the time they can't be overclocked.

It's the original dell board. I use a program called setfsb to overclock from windows and it works like a charm.
    Reply to shafe88
  3. Then I don't know how high you can get becuase I've never used that program to overclock I have always used the BIOS. I don't know how much software like that will allow for you to overclock. Maybe someone else here has used it and can tell you more. I can't really give a fair answer though since I'm not familiar with the program.
    Reply to rds1220
  4. i aheva dell optiplex 745 adn a intel e6400 2.13 ghz can you tell me the ppl so i can overclock mu cpu to , pls tell me
    Reply to Redon Bejtullahu
  5. I am sorry that this is 2 years latter, but the clock generator for the Dell Optiplex 745 (mini-tower) is ICS9LP505-2HGLF. I do not know if the code works with the other towers, but I would assume so. Happy Clocking.
    (BTW; highest OC I can get on a QX6700 is 2.999Ghz, otherwise it crashes, no matter the voltage)
    Reply to PhDInsanity
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Optiplex Dell