Had anyone noticed that hawell's corei5 tdp is increased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Steamroller is not being released until 2014 unless there has been some recent info that I am not aware of. In terms of gaming performance Piledriver still lags behind Sandy Bridge, but those benchmarks are mostly done with 1680x1050 resolution though. It is generally accepted that starting with 1920x1080 performance is more dependent on the GPU than the CPU so much of the performance would disappear assuming both AMD and Intel rigs are using the same GPU. But in general Intel still holds and edge especially in games that are CPU bound. On the general programs side both are or less equal to each other. AMD wins some and loses others. Same with Intel.

Will Steamroller equal the performance of Haswell? Unlikely. Will it at least be...

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

do you think this is the best chance for amd to gain a better position in cpu market coz their tdp requirement is lowered to 95w already without igpu which enthusiast never mind

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

Then how about the virtu mvp tech?
Hearing it can run both iGPu and discrete GPU together

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

take this way .can u fit two motor bikes together to obtain a power of a car.it may be possible theoritically but in real scenarios u will experience many problems.virtu mvp doesn't support all games.

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

ic it dose hv some software issue with it

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

i think that the steam roller will be on par with haswell architecture.sice intel is not concentrating on improving the ipc very much and only on lowering power usage amd has a great chance since they are more focused only on desktops

Steamroller is not being released until 2014 unless there has been some recent info that I am not aware of. In terms of gaming performance Piledriver still lags behind Sandy Bridge, but those benchmarks are mostly done with 1680x1050 resolution though. It is generally accepted that starting with 1920x1080 performance is more dependent on the GPU than the CPU so much of the performance would disappear assuming both AMD and Intel rigs are using the same GPU. But in general Intel still holds and edge especially in games that are CPU bound. On the general programs side both are or less equal to each other. AMD wins some and loses others. Same with Intel.

Will Steamroller equal the performance of Haswell? Unlikely. Will it at least be faster than Ivy Bridge? Possible. The thing about 2014 is that Broadwell will be released that year and I think on it will be a 10%+ improvement in performance over Haswell.

2015 is when Skylake is released. It is expected to have a significant performance increase over Haswell/Broadwell.

Solution

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

i think that amd are concentrating on reducing power consumption rather than performance improvements like intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.