Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Had anyone noticed that hawell's corei5 tdp is increased

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a c 152 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 5:34:34 PM

vishalaestro said:
i just saw that haswell cpu's are going to be launched in june 2 refer http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Intel-Haswell-Ivy-Brid... if you can see that the tdp of those processor's are increased . what does that mean?


This is nothing new it was talked about back in November and it was figured that the TDP increase was because of more powerful graphics.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 22, 2013 6:47:24 PM

Nothing to gripe about considering the improvments.
Score
0
a c 480 à CPUs
January 22, 2013 8:14:02 PM

And that is only if the iGPU is going to be used. If you are going to install a discrete graphics card, then the TDP will be less because the iGPU will be inactive.
Score
0
January 23, 2013 10:33:23 AM

jaguarskx said:
And that is only if the iGPU is going to be used. If you are going to install a discrete graphics card, then the TDP will be less because the iGPU will be inactive.

do you think this is the best chance for amd to gain a better position in cpu market coz their tdp requirement is lowered to 95w already without igpu which enthusiast never mind
Score
0
January 23, 2013 12:06:06 PM

jaguarskx said:
And that is only if the iGPU is going to be used. If you are going to install a discrete graphics card, then the TDP will be less because the iGPU will be inactive.


Then how about the virtu mvp tech?
Hearing it can run both iGPu and discrete GPU together
Score
0
January 23, 2013 12:27:04 PM

destwong said:
Then how about the virtu mvp tech?
Hearing it can run both iGPu and discrete GPU together

take this way .can u fit two motor bikes together to obtain a power of a car.it may be possible theoritically but in real scenarios u will experience many problems.virtu mvp doesn't support all games.
Score
0
January 23, 2013 1:24:15 PM

vishalaestro said:
take this way .can u fit two motor bikes together to obtain a power of a car.it may be possible theoritically but in real scenarios u will experience many problems.virtu mvp doesn't support all games.


ic it dose hv some software issue with it
Score
0
January 23, 2013 1:30:21 PM

destwong said:
ic it dose hv some software issue with it

i think that the steam roller will be on par with haswell architecture.sice intel is not concentrating on improving the ipc very much and only on lowering power usage amd has a great chance since they are more focused only on desktops
Score
0

Best solution

a c 480 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 8:33:55 PM

Steamroller is not being released until 2014 unless there has been some recent info that I am not aware of. In terms of gaming performance Piledriver still lags behind Sandy Bridge, but those benchmarks are mostly done with 1680x1050 resolution though. It is generally accepted that starting with 1920x1080 performance is more dependent on the GPU than the CPU so much of the performance would disappear assuming both AMD and Intel rigs are using the same GPU. But in general Intel still holds and edge especially in games that are CPU bound. On the general programs side both are or less equal to each other. AMD wins some and loses others. Same with Intel.

Will Steamroller equal the performance of Haswell? Unlikely. Will it at least be faster than Ivy Bridge? Possible. The thing about 2014 is that Broadwell will be released that year and I think on it will be a 10%+ improvement in performance over Haswell.

2015 is when Skylake is released. It is expected to have a significant performance increase over Haswell/Broadwell.
Share
January 24, 2013 10:08:14 AM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
Score
0
January 24, 2013 10:09:07 AM

jaguarskx said:
Steamroller is not being released until 2014 unless there has been some recent info that I am not aware of. In terms of gaming performance Piledriver still lags behind Sandy Bridge, but those benchmarks are mostly done with 1680x1050 resolution though. It is generally accepted that starting with 1920x1080 performance is more dependent on the GPU than the CPU so much of the performance would disappear assuming both AMD and Intel rigs are using the same GPU. But in general Intel still holds and edge especially in games that are CPU bound. On the general programs side both are or less equal to each other. AMD wins some and loses others. Same with Intel.

Will Steamroller equal the performance of Haswell? Unlikely. Will it at least be faster than Ivy Bridge? Possible. The thing about 2014 is that Broadwell will be released that year and I think on it will be a 10%+ improvement in performance over Haswell.

2015 is when Skylake is released. It is expected to have a significant performance increase over Haswell/Broadwell.

i think that amd are concentrating on reducing power consumption rather than performance improvements like intel.
Score
0
!