Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Computer suddendly losing power randomly

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2013 3:17:37 PM

recently over the past month or two, my computer has randomly lost power as if someone switched the computer off, tho when the computer goes off lights inside the computer are still on and the keyboard lights are still active. the computer could run for 6 hours and this dosent happen or it could happen several times in the space of a hour.

im using
Proccessor : Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz
motherboard: asus m477t
graphic card: ati radeon 5770
power supply : ace a-600BR 600 watt

dont think its a heat problem, using coreTemp my cpu ranges from around 33-50 degrees

Any Help appreciated.
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2013 3:30:53 PM

So whats the problem here? I don't see anything wrong with the lights, unless it annoys you. Your motherboard probably has a backup battery that can run things even when your psu stops running.

Edit:
after rereading your post, I came to the conclusion that you PC shuts off randomly. correct? I would suspect that the PSU is failing since that PSU you listed seems like a low quality one. So switch the psu and see what happens.

Better grammar and spelling helps wonders in these posts btw.
Score
January 22, 2013 3:41:06 PM

il see if i can find a power supply to test off someone, p.s. sorry for the bad grammar and spelling was wrote very quickly off a tablet
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2013 3:48:49 PM

Bunionlad said:
il see if i can find a power supply to test off someone, p.s. sorry for the bad grammar and spelling was wrote very quickly off a tablet

Yea make sure the psu is of decent quality or you might end up frying your other compnents.

Heres some rankings of known psu's (Note your "Ace" brand psu wasn't even listed)

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
January 22, 2013 3:57:40 PM

yea your most likely right, thanks for the help
Score
January 22, 2013 4:03:09 PM

Best answer selected by Bunionlad.
Score
!