670 black screen

sandys

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Basically when I start a game the graphic card will turn the screen black or reboot the computer. The 670 worked fine until it went black all of the sudden while playing a game and then the fans started to spin at max speed when I try to boot the computer. Now all I get is a black screen on boot and the 670's fan spinning at max speed. I barely got the gpu today when I exchanged it for the last 670 I had which died due to the same problem and I only had that one for less than a month. My 570 also died due to the same problem so I'm starting to think it's either bad luck with the cards or something else.

Motherboard: p8p67 pro
Cpu: i-5 2500k
psu: 850w Corsair

sandys

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
No I don't, but I just found out also when I put in one power port instead of 2 into the gpu the fan will still spin at max speed if that helps any. I will try to get another psu from a friend and try to test it out.

sandys

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Oh no not 3, I meant to say I took my computer to thier repair shop and they ran tests on my computer to find out the only problem was the graphic card. I will be exchanging for my 3rd card this weekend.