WTF? Sever AND Site down? Need some Scotch Tape, Blizzard???

As often happens, was in the middle of playing (no latency) and the
server crashed. Also as often happens whan *that* happens, I went to
www.worldofwarcraft.com to have a look around and see why the thing was
down only to find the website is unreachable.

Yes, everything else on the Net is fine.

What kind of stuff is happening that, once again, causes not only the
server to crash but the entire site to be out of whack? Evil aliens
shooting mindflay gamma rays at Blizzard Central?

Anybody else?

Velvet Elvis

I am able to get on fine here...what part of the world are you in? I ask
because a guildie just called and is having the exact same problem you are

CF

VelvetElvis wrote:
> As often happens, was in the middle of playing (no latency) and the
> server crashed. Also as often happens whan *that* happens, I went to
> www.worldofwarcraft.com to have a look around and see why the thing was
> down only to find the website is unreachable.
>
> Yes, everything else on the Net is fine.
>
> What kind of stuff is happening that, once again, causes not only the
> server to crash but the entire site to be out of whack? Evil aliens
> shooting mindflay gamma rays at Blizzard Central?
>
> Anybody else?
>
> Velvet Elvis

Whoa... wait a second.

Servers crash? Are you serious?

VelvetElvis <reallyNO@SPAM4me.xyz> wrote:

>What kind of stuff is happening that, once again, causes not only the
>server to crash but the entire site to be out of whack?

Likely case - a server crashes and suddenly there are a couple
thousand irritated users all hitting the web site at the same time to
find out why.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

VelvetElvis <reallyNO@SPAM4me.xyz> wrote:

>I wonder if other games of this type have this many problems? City of
>Heroes never crashed, period, although to me it was so boring a crash
>might have livened things up.

Everquest often had similar trouble. Massive, complex systems with
lots of potential points of failure. The miracle is that they work as
well as they do.