Looking to build mini tower to run lightroom 3

bryguy_07

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hi Guys, first time poster here, looking for some build advice :) I am a relatively inexperienced builder (built my first PC over 4 years ago with help), looking to spend $500 on hardware (not including OS). I already own the CPU I would like to use. Looking forward to some help, let me know if any additional clarification is needed.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get, below is the requested info.

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $600 Before Rebates; Before Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Digital Photo Editing, surfing the internet, gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No, don’t need mouse, keyboard etc either…

Parts to Upgrade: All except CPU

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: most familiar with newegg, open to other suggestions.

Parts Preferences: AMD CPU (already have), G.Skill Ripjaws

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe?

Your Monitor Resolution: 1440x900

Additional Comments: Need this to fit in a mini tower if at all possible (Wife request :p). Would like at least 8gb RAM. Would like SSD hard drive (minimum 100GB). Need Optical Drive.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Wife is really getting into Digital Photography, looking to maybe start as a little side business. Want a computer that will breeze through Lightroom 3 and will last for quite a few years. I am more of a console gamer, but if this could play Diablo III (on at least medium to high settings) that would be a nice bonus (can a video card fit in a mini tower?)

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

zared619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012
Okay. This took a little while but here it is.

Motherboard- ASRock 880GM-LE FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

GPU- MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card

RAM- Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

CPU Cooler- Zalman CNPS8000B CPU Cooler

Case- Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

PSU- Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive- Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

This build meets and exceeds everything you have here. The main storage drive is a 256 GB SSD that allows for ample amounts of speedy storage space.

The GPU will most certainly play diablo 3 on high settings.

I included the CPU cooler because the 965 is known for its horrible stock cooler that is really loud. This cooler is a low profile cooler, so it will definitely fit in the micro case. Overall, it is a very powerful computer in a small case.

Here is a link to the parts list. It comes out to $525 before rebates, and there is $50 in rebates available right now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/iZZP