Changing Windows XP Login Behavior

I have two computers both running Windows XP Pro SP-2. I am the only
visible user on both of them. The first one starts with focus on the
XP-style Welcome screen already on my password entry box. Just type
and press Enter. The second one starts with no focus on the Welcome
screen. I must click on my name first, then enter my password and
press Enter.

How can I make the second PC behave the same as the first?

Thanks.

Klaatu wrote:
> I have two computers both running Windows XP Pro SP-2. I am the only
> visible user on both of them. The first one starts with focus on the
> XP-style Welcome screen already on my password entry box. Just type
> and press Enter. The second one starts with no focus on the Welcome
> screen. I must click on my name first, then enter my password and
> press Enter.
>
> How can I make the second PC behave the same as the first?

If the second machine is not a memeber of a domain, then you just need to go
into the "User Accounts" control panel and "Change the way users log on or
off".

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:

> If the second machine is not a memeber of a domain, then you just need to go
> into the "User Accounts" control panel and "Change the way users log on or
> off".
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
Thanks very much for your reply. Right now, both "Use the Welcome
screen" and "Use Fast User Switching" are enabled on the second machine
and it is not a member of a domain. What should I change?

Here's a clue: if I do a Win-L, it doesn't go to the Welcome screen,
but instead to the classic login box.