Closed Solved

GTX 570 SLi w/GTX 570 HD

Specs are identical, only difference is the reference card has a vapor chamber, rear air vent system. My question is, would there be any compatibility issues with these in sli? May be a silly question, but i just don't want to spend a lot of cash on a second card and it doesnt work with the HD version. My plan is to add a second GTX 570 with my already installed GTX 570 HD.

I need to get the reference card because its cooling system would be best for my (flame all you want) Alienware Aurora R3 case, which only has a single server fan for intake and a liquid cooled cpu. There is a smaller fan for the northbridge, but other than that I have to rely on the intake fan as my primary cooling...
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Sorry, maybe I should add the card I currently have is an EVGA GTX 570 HD 2GB, and the card I'm looking at is the same make, different modelmodel EVGA GTX 570 2GB
  2. Oipractechie said:
    Specs are identical, only difference is the reference card has a vapor chamber, rear air vent system. My question is, would there be any compatibility issues with these in sli? May be a silly question, but i just don't want to spend a lot of cash on a second card and it doesnt work with the HD version. My plan is to add a second GTX 570 with my already installed GTX 570 HD.

I need to get the reference card because its cooling system would be best for my (flame all you want) Alienware Aurora R3 case, which only has a single server fan for intake and a liquid cooled cpu. There is a smaller fan for the northbridge, but other than that I have to rely on the intake fan as my primary cooling...

There would be no issues but why don't you go with a High end gpu config instead of SLIing your Gtx 570. Sell the old 570 and buy a mew 670 or 680

This way you won't have any microstuttering, even two gtx 570's give more fps I think a single Gtx 680 is much better..
  3. Best answer
    There should be no difference between the GTX 570 and the GTX 570 HD version. They should be able to SLI with no problems.
  4. Best answer selected by oipractechie.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx SLI HD Graphics