Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTX 570 SLi w/GTX 570 HD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2012 10:16:42 PM

Specs are identical, only difference is the reference card has a vapor chamber, rear air vent system. My question is, would there be any compatibility issues with these in sli? May be a silly question, but i just don't want to spend a lot of cash on a second card and it doesnt work with the HD version. My plan is to add a second GTX 570 with my already installed GTX 570 HD.

I need to get the reference card because its cooling system would be best for my (flame all you want) Alienware Aurora R3 case, which only has a single server fan for intake and a liquid cooled cpu. There is a smaller fan for the northbridge, but other than that I have to rely on the intake fan as my primary cooling...

More about : gtx 570 sli gtx 570

July 20, 2012 10:20:00 PM

Sorry, maybe I should add the card I currently have is an EVGA GTX 570 HD 2GB, and the card I'm looking at is the same make, different modelmodel EVGA GTX 570 2GB
Score
July 20, 2012 10:29:27 PM

Oipractechie said:
Specs are identical, only difference is the reference card has a vapor chamber, rear air vent system. My question is, would there be any compatibility issues with these in sli? May be a silly question, but i just don't want to spend a lot of cash on a second card and it doesnt work with the HD version. My plan is to add a second GTX 570 with my already installed GTX 570 HD.

I need to get the reference card because its cooling system would be best for my (flame all you want) Alienware Aurora R3 case, which only has a single server fan for intake and a liquid cooled cpu. There is a smaller fan for the northbridge, but other than that I have to rely on the intake fan as my primary cooling...

There would be no issues but why don't you go with a High end gpu config instead of SLIing your Gtx 570. Sell the old 570 and buy a mew 670 or 680

This way you won't have any microstuttering, even two gtx 570's give more fps I think a single Gtx 680 is much better..
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 388 Î Nvidia
July 21, 2012 2:20:43 AM

There should be no difference between the GTX 570 and the GTX 570 HD version. They should be able to SLI with no problems.
July 28, 2012 12:59:33 AM

Best answer selected by oipractechie.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
July 28, 2012 10:43:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!