Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will this Machine/Motherboard SLI 2 GTX 670s and show a difference?

Last response: in Systems
September 8, 2012 3:26:23 AM

Basically I'm wondering if this machine, with the motherboard, will SLI 2 GTX 670's and will the SLI work well with all the other specs? Will I notice a difference in games like BF3 and GW2 (Once that game is optimized of course).

Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
(You will have to click on the Details tab midway down the page to fully view the specs of the system).
September 8, 2012 10:30:16 AM

I have done some research but found nothing conclusive? Anyone have any insight?
a c 86 V Motherboard
September 8, 2012 10:54:37 AM

- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (PCIE2: x16 mode)
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE3: x4 mode)
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
Related resources
September 8, 2012 11:03:34 AM

Thanks for the reply.

However, I saw that in the description. But when I do a search of the Mobo is says that it only has 1 x PCIe x16 slot, as stated here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

In addition, I know it says it supports crossfire, but wasn't sure since it didn't mention SLI if it didn't support it at all.

I will take the context of your reply as a "no" to my question though. Thanks.
September 8, 2012 11:06:25 AM

no no no.... don't buy a prebuilt, i can build something a lot better for that price range.

you're gonna use that PC for gaming only, right? or are you gonna record your gameplay and do some video editing?
a c 86 V Motherboard
September 8, 2012 11:09:53 AM

Exosavage said:
Thanks for the reply.

However, I saw that in the description. But when I do a search of the Mobo is says that it only has 1 x PCIe x16 slot, as stated here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

In addition, I know it says it supports crossfire, but wasn't sure since it didn't mention SLI if it didn't support it at all.

Sorry i figured you know by me posting that my bad and your very welcome! :) 
September 8, 2012 11:10:44 AM

Exosavage said:
Thanks for the reply.

Any motherboard that has dual PCI-e 2.0/3.0 x16 slots can support SLI and Crossfire but you will need some hacked drivers... :/ 
September 8, 2012 11:13:04 AM

mesab66 said:

What is the resolution of your monitor? - 2x670's might be wasted on too low a resolution!!

not really, gaming @ 1080p/120hz can heavily stress any dual card configuration
September 8, 2012 11:13:09 AM

You NEED to reconfirm the motherboard, then you NEED to head on over to the mboard's manufacture site & reconfirm things such as SLI capability.

Apart form that, nice specs!.......everything else seems ticketyboo! ;) 

What is the resolution of your monitor? - 2x670's might be wasted on too low a resolution

- and as idroid said, build your own if you can.
September 8, 2012 11:21:09 AM

The set up now is dual 23" 1080p LED TVs @ 120hz. The goal will be 3 for the future.

Money isn't an issue for this specific rig, which is why I went pre-built. It hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already looking into an Nvidia certified SLI compatible Mobo. And also, I hope to do some recording and editing. School and a child will dictate that, however.

I should add, with my current setup i am only gaming on one screen, and will most likely continue to do so until I can SLI.
September 8, 2012 11:24:51 AM

Exosavage said:
The set up now is dual 1080 LED TVs @ 120hz. The goal will be 3 for the future.

Money isn't an issue for this specific rig, which is why I went pre-built. It hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already looking into an Nvidia certified SLI compatible Mobo. And also, I hope to do some recording and editing. School and a child will dictate that, however.

Ok... that's good enough to get started, what parts do you need? fill this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgra...

Best solution

September 8, 2012 11:32:54 AM

No you shouldn't use multi GPU on a 16/4 board.
September 8, 2012 11:33:54 AM

edit - posted too soon :) 
September 8, 2012 11:41:19 AM

Honestly, I am very happy with the parts that come with the pre-built, besides the motherboard. That's all I would really need to replace. An ASUS brand SLI compatible Mobo which is also compatible with the other components would be ideal, again, price isn't too important, so long as it's reasonable.
September 8, 2012 12:01:09 PM

Buying a prebuilt and changing the mobo seems a bit silly to me.
a c 86 V Motherboard
September 8, 2012 12:04:49 PM

FinneousPJ said:
Buying a prebuilt and changing the mobo seems a bit silly to me.
it does to me to but OP sure seems set on buying a prebuilt and the mobo in that one is not a good choice for his plans
September 8, 2012 12:39:18 PM

The rig will arrive tomorrow. Its already purchased and the excitement waiting on it to arrive and the trouble/waiting to request a refund is not worth the 200 bucks I would be out simply running down the road to best buy to pick up the new mobo. Thanks for the mobo suggestions, I will look into them.
September 8, 2012 12:45:33 PM

Lol this is why you post before buying.
September 8, 2012 1:01:04 PM

Hindsight is 20/20 and patience is a virtue. A virtue I need to embrace. This situation is what insomnia/the internet/and child like excitement gets you.
September 8, 2012 1:33:00 PM

Exosavage said:
The rig will arrive tomorrow. Its already purchased and the excitement waiting on it to arrive and the trouble/waiting to request a refund is not worth the 200 bucks I would be out simply running down the road to best buy to pick up the new mobo. Thanks for the mobo suggestions, I will look into them.

Couldn't you simply go to iBUYPOWER and customize your build there instead of doing something so fu**ing stupid? ( i DO mean to offend )
September 8, 2012 2:20:10 PM

I'm not offended, sorry your effort went to waste. To be fair..I didn't ask for opinions on my purchasing decision...just opinions on a mobo. Feel free not to post if your so appalled. I will say though, even though I didn't ask, these responses have definitely convinced me next time around not to treat purchasing a new computer like impulse buying late night infomercial products, so I can at least thank you for that.
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2012 2:31:14 PM

Power supply only has 17amps in the 12 volt rails. Plan on replacing that, too

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Solytech is made by Deer and Johnyguru calls them crap. It's a tier 5 PSU supplier. I would be afraid to even plug that pc in to a wall socket.
September 8, 2012 5:52:56 PM

Best answer selected by Exosavage.
!