Monitor won't recognize computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibliophilic

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I've found several issues similar to what I've been facing on this site but none are based on my specific issue so I thought I'd try asking. I turned off my computer last night like normal -- no new installations, no changes, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary -- and when I went to turn it on this morning the tower started but the monitor didn't. There's power running to it, as I can turn it off and back on, but instead of showing me my start-up screen it flashes a "power saving mode" at me and then goes dark again. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the monitor into the tower and restarting both.

I vaguely remember this happening one other time but I can't remember what I did to fix it or how/why it started working again. I thought it would help to just check the connections but after that I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts anyone has on it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

bibliophilic

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
After enlisting help from someone far more tech savvy than I am, we found out that the graphics card is integrated. It's a really old desktop, so I'm thinking this is just a sign to transfer things from the harddrive to my laptop and call it quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS