Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard Problems

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2013 8:15:16 PM

Hello,
I am having an issue with my keyboard which is not a hardware problem. It does not seem to work on certain applications such as entering my password on steam, trying to talk on minecraft and imputing data into BBC basic. What can cause nothing to be entered on certain applications? I mean, I can open a notepad file and type fine.

I've tried to use the on-screen keyboard, but nothing changed which seems that it is not the problem with the hardware as such.

Please Help

P.s. Please excuse my English as it isn't my first language.

Note to admins - Please move this thread if necessary

More about : keyboard problems

January 22, 2013 8:31:19 PM

Could this really be the problem? I have antivirus software (avira). What do you suggest?
Related resources
January 22, 2013 9:01:45 PM

Hi :) 

Run a full MALWAREBYTES scan (its free) if it finds ANYTHING , buy Norton Internet Security 2013 and run a full scan with that (after updating)

We get LOTS of machines in my shops with Avira AND VIRUSES...

All the best Brett :) 
January 22, 2013 9:05:59 PM

Thank you,

I am currently doing a Malwarebytes and avast scan now. I'll let you know on the update tomorrow.

Thank you very much
January 23, 2013 3:53:51 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Run a full MALWAREBYTES scan (its free) if it finds ANYTHING , buy Norton Internet Security 2013 and run a full scan with that (after updating)

We get LOTS of machines in my shops with Avira AND VIRUSES...

All the best Brett :) 

I have searched Malwarebytes and nothing has come up, the avast picked up a few things and I had it removed.

The problem exists, do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Many thanks
January 23, 2013 5:40:37 PM

This works in safe mode. I have disabled as many processes and services as I could think of that would not harm my system from doing so. :(  Any ideas?
!