Hijacked e-mail address

I received a message in my alternative Yahoo e-mail, advising me that I have
changed my password. I have never ordered any change in my pass. From
previous facts, I am seriously suspecting someone hijacked my e-mail address
and probably is sending mails on my behalf. I contacted Yahoo by mail but
cud only get automatic messages by reply with nonsense guidance.
Can someone who had this problem before give me a highlight what to do ?
Appreciate ur assistance.
3 answers Last reply
More about hijacked mail address

    That message you received is bogus! Delete the message!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sdruws" wrote:

    | I received a message in my alternative Yahoo e-mail, advising me that I have
    | changed my password. I have never ordered any change in my pass. From
    | previous facts, I am seriously suspecting someone hijacked my e-mail address
    | and probably is sending mails on my behalf. I contacted Yahoo by mail but
    | cud only get automatic messages by reply with nonsense guidance.
    | Can someone who had this problem before give me a highlight what to do ?
    | Appreciate ur assistance.

    Just do nothing, it's fake.

    "Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I received a message in my alternative Yahoo e-mail, advising me that
    >I have
    > changed my password. I have never ordered any change in my pass.
    > From
    > previous facts, I am seriously suspecting someone hijacked my e-mail
    > address
    > and probably is sending mails on my behalf. I contacted Yahoo by
    > mail but
    > cud only get automatic messages by reply with nonsense guidance.
    > Can someone who had this problem before give me a highlight what to
    > do ?
    > Appreciate ur assistance.

    Thanks !! Deleting as recomended.

Configuration Yahoo Hijack Microsoft Customization Email Windows XP