First Build Stopped Turning On, Flashing LED Lights

iwantmyvisionback

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Today I did my first build. I hooked up the monitor, plugged in the psu, flipped the switch on the psu to on, and then pressed the power button on my case.

The ASRock thing (don't know what it's called) appeared on my monitor, and then proceeded to tell me to choose where to boot from.

To turn off the computer I believe I either pressed on the power button again or flipped the switch on the psu.. I don't remember exactly which, but I did it about three times.

Also my case fans weren't working, I thought they were already plugged in.. My cooler master hyper 212 plus and psu fan were both running fine.

But now when I flip the power switch to on, the led light on my case flashes, and the computer doesn't power up.

Please how do I fix this? Thanks!

My parts:

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case

Corsair 80 plus bronze 650w modular power supply

Z77 Extreme-4M 1155 motherboard

2x4 gigabyte Vengeance Ram sticks

Asus optical drive

i5-2500k

cooler master hyper 212 plus

Seagate Barracuda 1 terabyte HDD

:cry:

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
What you really need to do is to dig up your user manual for the motherboard you are using and see if it has any codes that go along with the flashing lights.
When a motherboard is under duress it will flash the led's to send out a code of what it detects has gone wrong.

iwantmyvisionback

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
my dad said some wire was touching something.. my computer is running up fine now, but I'm having trouble finding the fan connector that can connect to either the motherboard or psu.

I ha ve the NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case