Build gathered - Need opinons

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hey guys!

I have done tons of reading and got some advice earlier. Now I have put together a build which seems pretty good in my opinion. I´d like your opinion on that. This is my max budget to be honest so if there is any improvements or other options who are just as good but cheaper, feel free to suggest them!
I know the water cooling is not nessesary but I´d like to try it out as a project.

I am playing GW 2 and LoL and that is pretty much it.

Approximate Purchase Date: The start of next month October.

Budget Range: Not more than I use now

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, school stuff/surfing.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Overclocking: ofc!

CPU: Core i5 I5-3570K 6 MB (Intel Boxed) DDK - 1657

GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2GB Windforce OC DDK - 3016

Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z77 DDK - 1638

RAM Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB 2133 MHz DDK - 480

SSD Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB DDK - 838

HHDSeagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB DDK - 567

Sony Optiarc AD-7283S (Sort) DDK - 212

CASEDEFINE XL BLACK PEARL DDK 1099

DDK 9507

Power? I have not yet decided.

Thank you for taking the time to read the build and I hope to get an opinion from you.

Best regards Mathias

Water cooling:

I have yet to decide coolers for the radiator.

EK - Supremacy - Plexi DDK 500

EK - DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump) 800Liter/hour DDK 380

Radiator HW-Labs Black Ice - GTS 240 - Black DDK 425

Resovir EK - Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced DDK 370

Looks to be pretty good.

Fairly expensive mobo, you can find ones that will do the same for less.

Get 1600Mhz RAM, going higher than that isnt worth the price increase. And chances are that kits runs above 1.5v, which is bad for your Intel CPU.

While not bad, its not a great SSD. I would get a Samsung 830 or an OCZ Vertex 4, whichever is available or cheapest.

Never heard of that case, make sure to read some reviews on it first.

650W (or 750W if SLI/Crossfire is a possibility) of quality brand name power should be plenty. Get a unit from XFX, Seasonic, Corsair or Silverstone. Make sure its 80+ Bronze at least and preferably modular.

In regards to water-cooling components, got no clue.

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

Do you have any suggestions on the mobo?

The RAM that I´ve found is only using 1.5v and they are like 100 DDK more expensive (10pounds/20dollars) Does that make it worth it or should I stick with the cheaper ones?

I have thought about picking Samsung 830 before. I cannot remember why the corsair became my choice but will look into it and reevaluate it.

I have not read much about power. What does modular means?

modular in psu means that the cables are optional on the psu, and if you dont need them, you can remove them to save case room. Non modular means all the cables are permanently attached to the PSU.

technically, theres semi modular and fully modular, but the difference between the two is fully modular makes the 24 pin and 4/8 pin cpu connector removable, which is almost pointless because all builders need them this age.(its built for people who plan to change the cables with custom cables)

Any of these boards would be good, I personally would go with the AsRock Z77 Extreme4.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77-express-ivy-bridge-benchmark,3254-35.html

$20 isnt worth the minimal performance boost you get over 1600Mhz RAM.

The higher the frequency goes, the higher the timings or the voltage have to go to keep it stable. Voltage cant go above 1.5v because of the CPU, so the timings have been sacrificed instead. So the performance boost you would see from 2133Mhz RAM is largely lost due to the higher timings (that kit has timings in the 11 range).

1600Mhz, CL9 is about the pinnacle of price to performance when it comes to RAM.