EU Version of WOW can I play on US Servers

My friend bought US version of WOW in the USA and plays on the Thunderhorn
server. I have just purchased EU version and have noticed that it says
plays on EU servers only

Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers, or do
I have to purchase US version.

TIA Tim

Tim Fox wrote:
> My friend bought US version of WOW in the USA and plays on the Thunderhorn
> server. I have just purchased EU version and have noticed that it says
> plays on EU servers only
>
> Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers, or do
> I have to purchase US version.
>
> TIA Tim

Actually, it seems that there is a file where one of the lines decides
on what kind of server you are playing(USA, Europe and the rest). So,
it could be as simple as replacing one value with another in that file.

In addition the account you have is only valid in Europe. You cannot
create characters nor login without an US account.

So setting the realm list won't exactly work either =(

aponly

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005

A few months ago I asked Blizzard Tech Support about running the US
version on EU servers. They told me that I would have to purchase the
EU version (imagine my surprise).

V wrote:
> Tim Fox wrote:
>
>>My friend bought US version of WOW in the USA and plays on the Thunderhorn
>>server. I have just purchased EU version and have noticed that it says
>>plays on EU servers only
>>
>>Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers, or do
>>I have to purchase US version.
>>
>>TIA Tim
>

> Actually, it seems that there is a file where one of the lines decides
> on what kind of server you are playing(USA, Europe and the rest). So,
> it could be as simple as replacing one value with another in that file.

You mean:
SET realmList "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com"

It would probably work, were it not for your registration code you got
with the game. Then there is the pre-paid card that might also only work
in Europe and think about the different patch dates! You might not be
able to play the european server if you patched a day before in america.

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

On 2005-09-09 20:56:13 +0200, "Tim Fox" <timfox.1@REM0VEMEvirgin.net> said:

> My friend bought US version of WOW in the USA and plays on the
> Thunderhorn server. I have just purchased EU version and have noticed
> that it says plays on EU servers only
>
> Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers,
> or do I have to purchase US version.
>
> TIA Tim

Basicly yes. The key that comes with the EU version can only be used to
create a European account, regardless of the client you are running or
the realm list you try to load. However, provided you havent activated
the key yet, it is possible to ask Blizzard to convert your key to a US
key, so you can create a US account with it, which in turn will not
allow you to play on EU servers though.

Best bet would be to contact Billing Support regarding this transfer.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

swemo6

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009

My friend bought US version of WOW in the USA and plays on the Thunderhorn
server. I have just purchased EU version and have noticed that it says
plays on EU servers only

Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers, or do
I have to purchase US version.

TIA Tim

I have downloaded the trial version of World of Warcraft the first World of Warcraft, and it turned out to be a European version. I would like to buy the burning crusade and then wrath of the lich king from the United states so I can play with my friends. Can this be done or will I need to download the first World of Warcraft again.

Thank you for your time I hope I don’t have to download it again.