Suggestions for good cheap PSU and RAM?

I live in Canada i'm looking for PSU and RAM to finish my budget build. Cheapest i can find is $42 for 2X4GB and same price for power supply. This will come to around $95 after tax i would like to spend less anyone have any recommendations?
9 answers Last reply
More about suggestions good cheap
  1. There really is no part of a build that you want to skimp on. The PSU is a place you could easily save money but the trade-off is it possibly taking your entire system with it when it dies.

    Cheap ram might have you searching like mad for weeks trying to figure out why you crash all the time...

    That said. What sites do you have available up there?
  2. Hi. What's the rest of your build and preferred websites to buy parts? Either the XFX ProSeries 450W or 550W may be sufficient. I don't think you can spend much less than that for quality parts though.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/xfx-power-supply-p1450sx2b9
    http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

    This ram is $40 not including shipping.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/corsair-memory-cmx8gx3m2a1600c9

    Some more to choose from.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/parts/memory/#s=301600&t=11&n=2&z=8192&c=90&sort=a8
  3. You're pretty much @ low retail, need to go off road to get much lower, I'd buy these parts new, hell cheap azz me I'd by them used, the canadian thing well that's your issue..

    www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Corsair-Desktop-Gaming-Memory-CMXG2GX3M1A1333C9-2GB-2x4GB-DDR3-1333MHz-NEW-/370739542430?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item5651cc799e

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-RS-500-PCAR-A3-/261159569891?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item3cce52c9e3
  4. scottfree1 said:
    You're pretty much @ low retail, need to go off road to get much lower, I'd buy these parts new, hell cheap azz me I'd by them used, the canadian thing well that's your issue..

    www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Corsair-Desktop-Gaming-Memory-CMXG2GX3M1A1333C9-2GB-2x4GB-DDR3-1333MHz-NEW-/370739542430?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item5651cc799e

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-RS-500-PCAR-A3-/261159569891?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item3cce52c9e3


    My god why the F is stuff so cheap on america?
  5. As I said the canadian thing is your problem, the prices you gave were in usd right? I'm a cheapskate and my entire computer consists of Wow! that's the cheapest price I've EVER seen on that..
  6. The only reason I'm suddenly hooked on toms is amazon, innocently checking for cpus, and finding a fx-8120 delivered for $123 all in, tax everything, 25% lower than I've EVER seen it, tracking says it's @ the airport, come to papa..
  7. scottfree1 said:
    As I said the canadian thing is your problem, the prices you gave were in usd right? I'm a cheapskate and my entire computer consists of Wow! that's the cheapest price I've EVER seen on that..


    No those prices i listed are new parts. Corsair CX430 and Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2X4 kit. They are good brand but if i was to buy anything cheaper it would be from sketchy no name brands for not a lot cheaper and i looked on ebay.ca for used ram but found nothing =\
  8. I'd rather buy slightly used quality than new crap, and since I'm upgrading not building, pretty much all my purchases are for fun not necessity..
  9. scottfree1 said:
    I'd rather buy slightly used quality than new crap, and since I'm upgrading not building, pretty much all my purchases are for fun not necessity..


    Yea i'd rather buy quality parts for the same price as new trash except idk where i can get used stuff. I looked on ebay but ebay.ca has nothin.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies RAM Build Components