New card in this price range...

mulberry

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I'm looking for an NVIDIA card in the price range of 240-270. What would you recommend? I have been told the 560 ti 448 (twin frozr III) would be my best option.

AyuX

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
The 560 Ti is not that power efficient. Better power efficiency and multiple monitor support needed? Get HD 7850 priced at 249$ now. Its a good card but not considered as a steal like the the 7870. If you want nvidia then you should wait fot GT 660Ti to come out. By August 3rd week or so.

If you are totally sold on Nvidia you should really wait until the GTX660Ti or GTX660 is released. At the moment Nvidia has no new tech within this price range.

I would recommend an AMD HD7850 instead. It is a great value card and beats out the GTX570 in most cases and costs just over the $200 mark which makes it one of the best value cards on the market.

AyuX

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Yes, rwayne. There are no good cards in this price range for nvidia. I am waiting to change my pc till 660 is released. AMD has better ones for the money in the range 200-350. Nvidia gtx 670 is great. But it's about 400$!!!

mulberry

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I have a 6950 2gb but I have a strange driver problem that has to deal with AMD products. I don't want another Radeon. I also don't want to spend 300 dollars, I don't play games that require that much power/performance. I play mostly CS:S and some mw2 on the side. when CS:GO comes out, I will switch to that. Something in the range i suggested will do much better than the 6950 2gb i'm about to sell.

sephmeister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Driver issues can usually be resolved if you have the time, and if you can't it's likely a faulty card and you RMA it.

Its sad how people say they're never buying another product ever again when it's either a software issue or they got a lemon... it could happen on anything. Nvidia's had major issues in the past as well(8000/9000series high failure rates), don't give up on a company just because you're a bit unlucky.

I have used Nvidia for 5 years and AMD for 6 years and have had practically no problems with AMD drivers. They have provided a very enjoyable gaming experience for me.

Nvidia has their share of issues too. Go to Youtube and enter the keywords 'Nvidia Driver Problem'. There are plenty of them out there.

Often times video issues which appear to be driver related are linked to other variables or installation problems.

mulberry

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I can imagine no company is perfect. there are problems with dark spots and AMD cards in CS:S. i play competitively so it's not an option for me really. I managed 6 months on this card and it gave me great FPS and all but when I want to play games on the side, it just wont let me load them. i made a few threads on here, steam forums, contacted the manufacturer, nothing. believe me tried everything you can think of. i'm sure it's just a "lemon" or a faulty card but still, I prefer an NVIDIA. with that out of the way, I would like more recommendations :)

please refer to my post above with the link

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished

The OP said he wanted a Nvidia card for a certain price and the reply he got was for a AMD card over his budget. His reply was to the point more so than rude. Don't start a Red vs green debate by calling him a fan boy dude. Some people prefer one side or the other but that is for there own reasons. I myself have used both cards over time and much prefer Nvidia due to lack of issues but this is a personal experience. All you make yourself sound like is the opposite to your statement.

Anyway. Mulberry. If you have your heart set on a 560 ti 448 core I would try and see if you can get one with 2GB of vram onboard. You will appreciate it in the long run.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127608 or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121625

As others have mentioned though the 560 ti is older tech now although a 448 core with 2GB vram onboard will last you longer than some people may have you believe but I have been running 560 ti's for over a year now (1GB) version and am strongly looking at going to the 660 ti when they are released (performance depending).

If you can't wait get the best 560 you can. I personally prefer the ASUS model as the cooler is very efficient at low fan speed and is pre overclocked (i overclocked my 1GB models to over 1000 on clock and still stay below 70c on 50% fan speed in 3D mark, BF3 etc). Its your money dude and spend it however you wish.

Hope that helps

mulberry

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

mulberry

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

570 is faster, not as warm and noisy as the 480, and in my price range. Someone please help me and refer to my post above about the refurbished card question. Thank you.

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first