Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
I got a Samsung P2770FH SyncMaster.
It has a 1ms response rate.

Here's my thing though, Everyone kept saying You just need a screen with 120hz.
This is obviously overkill in that department, So I went and bought a 3D Vision kit.
(Woo got it on sale $40!)

However, I cannot do 3D gaming with it, it wants to detect my glass's as the Nvidia Discover Glass's
Which is the Red / Cyan glass's you'd use at old old old school movies, and it naturally detects my LCD most of the time as a 3D TV.
Which it's not, and cause's kinda annoying problems.

There supposedly a work around for this Issue, but that was posted on the Nvidia forums and seeing as how if your here reading this.
You already know that they are still down, so does anyone know a way to fix this or work around this so I can start 3D gaming or is this a Lost cause?

Solution

You're confusing response time with refresh rate. For 3D the refresh rate must be minimum of 120Hz as matto17secs said
Response time is the time a pixel takes to change from one state to the other and back again. Values listed by monitor manufacturers are usually the grey to grey measurement (gtg), this is measured in milliseconds. Refresh rate is the rate at which the screen refresheshes the displayed image.
The samsung...

fruitloopeater

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
nvidia control panel ---> set up steroscopic 3d ----> steroscopic 3d display type ----> pick your monitor not "3d vison discover" . The root problem of you cause probably has to do with your usb port that it is connected too. Hubs are known to cause issues (put straight into usb going to motherboard, not a hub)". Make sure your USB drivers is on latest version.

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished

2ms = 120hz
Mine is a
1ms response I've over extended the requirement necessary for 3D gaming.
But my GPU and drivers lock the screen at 60hz.

If I knew a way to break that limit I could 3D game.
P2770FH is a insanely boss LCD meant for gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001431
:3

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

You're confusing response time with refresh rate. For 3D the refresh rate must be minimum of 120Hz as matto17secs said
Response time is the time a pixel takes to change from one state to the other and back again. Values listed by monitor manufacturers are usually the grey to grey measurement (gtg), this is measured in milliseconds. Refresh rate is the rate at which the screen refresheshes the displayed image.
The samsung p2770fh is a 60Hz monitor.
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-p2770fh/4505-3174_7-34333963.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.