Issues with multiple displays and nvidia 3d vison

fruitloopeater

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Ok so I have two monitors

One is a oldschool LG 60 hertz
The other one is a Planar 120 hertz

When I try to run a game in 3d while I have multiple displays set up it gives me this error
"Warning: attempt to run stereoscopic 3d in a none-stereoscopic mode"

If I only keep the Planar set up the 3d works fine (LG not set up on multiple displays in nvidia control panel)
However If I run both monitors and play a game ONLY on the Planer it gives me the above error
I know it should work because it used to

I am running DVI inputs

I have fiddled with settings and cant find the problem
I'm sure it is some box somewhere that needs to be checked or switched
Also nvidias forums are down
complicating the issue

I have only had this problem since the last two driver updates I think as well. Maybe it is a driver related problem? :ange: Any info you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Specs
GTX 580 twin frozer
301.42 - driver for it

Monitors
LG electronics L1720P (LG)
SA2311W (planar)

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Is the older monitor a 3D monitor? Than can be the source of your issue. Also having both monitors running at different frequencies can give you an issue. It would be best to just sell the old one and get a matching monitor with your newer one to avoid issues. You can try using an older driver too.

fruitloopeater

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
no it is not it is only 60 hertz. But the thing is I used to be able to play, BF3 on one screen in 3d and be able to watch youtube on the 60hertz in normal veiwing on the other. Now i cant even have the other one set up when I play BF3 in 3d.

bharathgdk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hey!.. I have the same problem!

But in my case i dont want to switch to older driver as i use sli and older drivers dont have sli profiles for the latest games.

is there any alternative. i guess one option is to buy a new monitor 120 hz replacing the 60hz ...... correct? will this solve my issue?

thanks

gtx 560ti sli

benq 120hz

samsung 60hz

fruitloopeater

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
k the solution is

manage 3d settings
global settings
multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration
change to single display performance mode