WinXP Pro Unattended Installation Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am trying to create an unattended installation WINNT.SIF file that
instructs Windows Setup to apply certain preferences and settings when
installing on my PC.

I can create the bootable CD fine etc, but am having problems with certain
elements of my WINNT.SIF not actually working during the setup.

[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"
AutomaticUpdates=1

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=ProvideDefault
OemPreinstall=Yes
OemSkipEula=Yes
NoWaitAfterTextMode=1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

WaitForReboot="No"
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath=drivers\SATA\WinXP
KeyboardLayout="United Kingdom"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword="xxxxx"
OEMSkipWelcome = 1
TimeZone=085

[UserData]
ProductKey="xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
FullName="mark"
OrgName=""
ComputerName=MARK

[Display]
BitsPerPel = 32
Vrefresh = 75
Xresolution = 1280
Yresolution = 1024

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=44
AreaCode=0121

[RegionalSettings]
Language=0809
LanguageGroup=0809

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Components]
msnexplr=Off
freecell=Off
hearts=Off
minesweeper=Off
pinball=Off
solitaire=Off
spider=Off
zonegames=Off
msmsgs=Off

For example, the keyboard layout and regional settings all work fine and are
set to the UK during installation, however, the time zone always remains on
(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) despite me setting it to 085, which
is supposed to be GMT.

Similarly, the display settings are not set to the resolution, depth and
refresh rate that i have set them to upon Windows starting and the games in
the components section are still installed despite me setting them to Off.

Also, when AutomaticUpdates=Yes, the "Help Protect Your PC" page
should not display, however, it does. Could this be because i have not set
values for the "Your Name" box and also stated that i do not want to
register
Windows? Therefore, it cannont skip this screen as all of the values in it
have
not been stipulated?

I have tried the settings with spaces between them and also with and without
quotation marks, with no success. So i am confused as to why some of the
settings work and yet others do not.

What am i doing wrong???

Any help would be much appreciated.

"andy k" <andy145@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Similarly, the display settings are not set to the resolution, depth and
> refresh rate that i have set them to upon Windows starting and the games
> in
> the components section are still installed despite me setting them to Off.
>
> Also, when AutomaticUpdates=Yes, the "Help Protect Your PC" page
> should not display, however, it does. Could this be because i have not
> set
> values for the "Your Name" box and also stated that i do not want to
> register
> Windows? Therefore, it cannont skip this screen as all of the values in
> it have
> not been stipulated?
>
> I have tried the settings with spaces between them and also with and
> without
> quotation marks, with no success. So i am confused as to why some of the

This what mine looks like and have no problems.

[Data]
Autopartition = 0
FloppyLess = 1
MsDosInitiated = 0