Quick Question about the H100i

TaylorM237

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello Toms hardware,

I currently have an H80 on my AMD FX-4170 CPU (Overclocked to 5GHz). And I was looking at getting an H100i because I got a new case for Christmas. And I just have a few questions.

My case is a Cooler Master - Storm Trooper series case, and I was wondering if there would be enough space for an H100i to fit in it? Main reason why I ask is because my Motherboard is an M5A99X, and one of the Heat Spreaders are really close to the edge of the board, and I don't know if there's enough space to mount the H100i. Really don't want to buy one, then be disappointed that it won't fit.

Here is my purchasing list (If I do get this);

1. 2x SP120 Quite Performance Edition 2 Pack
2. Cooler Master Thermal Compound 4 Grams
3. SilverStone Thermal Compound remover
4. H100i Water cooler

Can someone please give me some advice if the H100i would fit in my case?

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
It will fit, but I'm not sure if you're going to have clearance problems with your motherboard (I really doubt it) but you won't be able to fit a Push/Pull configuration in that case because of the handle, if you remove the top cover you'll see a metal handle, so you can fit only 1 fan in the top to have a semi- push/pull config.

TaylorM237

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

I know, theres been numerous problems with the SP120L's (Rattling, Buzzing, High Pitch sounds). So it's just easier to get new fans.

JJ1217

Honorable

I'm fairly certain that is actually a firmware issue, which was fixed by corsair in a firmware update. Something about if your PSU doesn't put out a perfect 12V, it'll make noise. Whatever will suit you though, I doubt you will see a massive difference between SP120's and SP120L's.