Sign in with
Your question

Quick Question about the H100i

Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2013 3:40:50 AM

Hello Toms hardware,

I currently have an H80 on my AMD FX-4170 CPU (Overclocked to 5GHz). And I was looking at getting an H100i because I got a new case for Christmas. And I just have a few questions.

My case is a Cooler Master - Storm Trooper series case, and I was wondering if there would be enough space for an H100i to fit in it? Main reason why I ask is because my Motherboard is an M5A99X, and one of the Heat Spreaders are really close to the edge of the board, and I don't know if there's enough space to mount the H100i. Really don't want to buy one, then be disappointed that it won't fit.

Here is my purchasing list (If I do get this);

1. 2x SP120 Quite Performance Edition 2 Pack
2. Cooler Master Thermal Compound 4 Grams
3. SilverStone Thermal Compound remover
4. H100i Water cooler

Can someone please give me some advice if the H100i would fit in my case?

More about : quick question h100i

a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 3:56:36 AM

Generally speaking - yes, it'll fit.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 3:58:58 AM

H100i comes with thermal paste pre applied, and already comes with modified SP120's so that they can have higher RPM's.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 4:10:16 AM

It will fit, but I'm not sure if you're going to have clearance problems with your motherboard (I really doubt it) but you won't be able to fit a Push/Pull configuration in that case because of the handle, if you remove the top cover you'll see a metal handle, so you can fit only 1 fan in the top to have a semi- push/pull config.
m
l
January 23, 2013 4:13:55 AM

JJ1217 said:
H100i comes with thermal paste pre applied, and already comes with modified SP120's so that they can have higher RPM's.

I know, theres been numerous problems with the SP120L's (Rattling, Buzzing, High Pitch sounds). So it's just easier to get new fans.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 5:08:22 AM

TaylorM237 said:
I know, theres been numerous problems with the SP120L's (Rattling, Buzzing, High Pitch sounds). So it's just easier to get new fans.

I'm fairly certain that is actually a firmware issue, which was fixed by corsair in a firmware update. Something about if your PSU doesn't put out a perfect 12V, it'll make noise. Whatever will suit you though, I doubt you will see a massive difference between SP120's and SP120L's.
m
l
!