Solved

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB or GIGABYTE Windforce 670 OC

Following up from my earlier question here ,I am looking at a GTX 670,and have decided to not spend more than 400$ on it.Previously i had only one choice,The Gigabyte windforce
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

Now the evga FTW edition has slipped under 400$ and has caught my eye
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

Frankly i like the aesthetics of the gigabyte card more.However i would like to ask the community what they would recommend.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga geforce gigabyte windforce
  1. For the price of the EVGA FTW, I'd get it.

    If you want a lower temperature card, the Gigabyte is good to consider.
  2. I would go for the EVGA GTX 670 FTW, I have it and it's a sweet card that's faster than a GTX 680 out the box in most games.
  3. Every one of my Nvidia Cards has been EVGA,Praise the hell outta them,but i'm kinda dissuaded by the reference cooling on the EVGA card.What are your temps?
  4. Best answer
    My card gets around 32C idle and does not go above 70C during intense gaming in BF3. The reference cooler is that of the GTX 680 and is a few degrees C cooler than reference GTX 670 coolers.

    Also if you decide to dip this card underwater, the GTX 680 waterblocks would fit too since the FTW card uses the GTX 680 PCB. It also has 8 phase VRM for better OC than even reference GTX 680's and even EVGA's Superclocked cards.
  5. Best answer selected by Mictlantecutli.
  6. El Tigre said:
    My card gets around 32C idle and does not go above 70C during intense gaming in BF3. The reference cooler is that of the GTX 680 and is a few degrees C cooler than reference GTX 670 coolers.

    Also if you decide to dip this card underwater, the GTX 680 waterblocks would fit too since the FTW card uses the GTX 680 PCB. It also has 8 phase VRM for better OC than even reference GTX 680's and even EVGA's Superclocked cards.



    EVGA 670 FTW it is!
  7. FTW indeed, lol

    Here is this beast in my current rig, I plan to get a second one soon to be ready for Unreal Engine 4.



  8. Neither, the Asus DCII Top....er "tops" them both to, the expense of segregating the specially binned chips (like the 7970 Ghz edition) costs ya $20-30 more than $400.....given their high overclockability, I don't see them dropping the price.

    http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-670-sc-review/23
    EVGA SC Boost Clock is 1046 outta the box....stable at 1200 Mhz
    EVGA SC gets 3DMark Score of 8691 outta the box and 9443 OC'd
    Idle temp is 29C / load temp is 78C
    Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 43 dBA under load

    http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-directcu-ii-top-review/23
    Asus TOP Boost Clock is 1137 outta the box .... stable at 1280 Mhz
    Asus gets 3DMark Score of 9340 outta the box and 9839 OC'd
    Idle temp is 30C / load temp is 72C
    Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 38 dBA under load

    That makes the Asus 7% faster outta the box than the EVGA SC, 6C cooler and almost 1/4 as loud under load (every 3 dBA is a doubling of sound level). The FTW is slightly faster than the SC, leaving the Asus model w/ just a 5% performance advantage.

    Gigabyte - 9.8 rating
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_670_Windforce/33.html

    Asus DCII TOP - 10.0 rating
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html
  9. You're wrong, you are comparing the Superclocked card, not the FTW card, it's a hair faster than the ASUS TOP and it's cheaper too. ;)

    http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/40613-evga-geforce-gtx-670-ftw/?page=5


    The only thing the ASUS has the FTW beat is that it's a few degrees cooler overall. They are pretty much neck to neck, the ASUS can OC a hair more because of the better cooling solution, but as soon as you dip both of them underwater, they both should OC the same.


    The GTX 670 FTW uses the GTX 680 PCB, has 8 phase VRM and the 680 waterblocks fit them too, they are also binned. The Superclocked cards did not make the FTW standards. Please research a bit more ;)


    The EVGA GTX 670 FTW cost as much as the reference GTX 670 being $400 after $10 rebate, it's $30 cheaper than the ASUS card.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130802
  10. El Tigre said:
    You're wrong, you are comparing the Superclocked card, not the FTW card, it's a hair faster than the ASUS TOP and it's cheaper too. ;)

    http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/40613-evga-geforce-gtx-670-ftw/?page=5


    The only thing the ASUS has the FTW beat is that it's a few degrees cooler overall. They are pretty much neck to neck, the ASUS can OC a hair more because of the better cooling solution, but as soon as you dip both of them underwater, they both should OC the same.


    The GTX 670 FTW uses the GTX 680 PCB, has 8 phase VRM and the 680 waterblocks fit them too, they are also binned. The Superclocked cards did not make the FTW standards. Please research a bit more ;)


    The EVGA GTX 670 FTW cost as much as the reference GTX 670 being $400 after $10 rebate, it's $30 cheaper than the ASUS card.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130802



    I see you are using the 560Ti as a phsyx card.Would it be Siutable to use my 8800GT 512(evga) as a phsyx card?
  11. If your PSU can handle the load of both cards, I would give it a try. In my setup, my GTX 560 Ti makes a big difference in PhysX games, I gain around 10+ FPS with the 560 as the PhysX processor. Your 8800GT should yield good results too.
  12. El Tigre said:
    If your PSU can handle the load of both cards, I would give it a try. In my setup, my GTX 560 Ti makes a big difference in PhysX games, I gain around 10+ FPS with the 560 as the PhysX processor. Your 8800GT should yield good results too.


    I'll give it a try
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA Gigabyte Graphics Product