System not boot up - SMPS not running

Srii

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi Experts,

Please rid me out of my system problem. Actually my system was working fine on yesterday night(Played AC-3) and I do turn it off and away to sleep. :sleep: On turning on the system by next morning it never get started.

I do some troubleshooting it doesn’t help me out..
1.Opened the case and cleansed the dirt and removed the RAM and inserted in the another slot
2.Removed Graphic card and get cleaned and mount to it again
3.Removed CMOS battery and fixed as it is.

I’m wondering why the power supply is not running?
Actual Problem is :
Mother board light(Green) is turned ON
When I switch on the POWER button (for a 2second CPU fan and Graphic CARD fans) are running after that it stopped.
Then I tried many times to turn it on but no improvement(even for 2sec it’s not running).Again after a half hour I tried switch off all components & try to power ON same for 2sec its running.. :( :(

All your inputs are welcome

Thanks in Advance!! :)

Try this:

Unplug PC from power supply socket then keep PC start button pressed for 15 seconds to purge residual power from the PSU.

Now plug PC back in to power socket and switch socket on.
Press PC start button to see if it starts and runs properly.

If still no joy, my guess is the PSU is faulty and needs replacing.

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I have had this problem twice before and both times it turned out to be my motherboard. It was blown due to a power surge... But you cant rule out the psu being faulty. Your only option is to swap out your psu with a spare if you have, and same with your motherboard. I didn't have spares so I took mine to a PC shop and they had all the parts to test, they didn't charge me, but I did buy a new mobo from them.

Srii

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

thank you phil will try !