Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD CPU vs INTEL CPU

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2013 5:23:33 AM

Hi, I'm building a new PC. Im stuck betwen chosing an Intel PC or an AMD PC.

Here are the first PC parts:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.3 Ghz.
GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX660 TI OC. / Sapphire AMD Radeon 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC.
RAM: G.skill DDR3 F3-12800CL9D 8GBXL (2x4).
CPU cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 RevB.
PSU: Seasonic SS-600 ECO 600W.
Case: NZXT source 210 Elite.
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000M003.
Optical Drive: LG DVDX24 LD.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD4.
Windows: Microsoft Windows-8 64Bit.

OR this PC parts:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHZ.
Gpu: Gigabyte nVidia GTX660 TI OC. / Sapphire AMD Radeon 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC.
Ram: G.skill DDR3 F3-12800CL9D 8GBXL (2x4).
CPU cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 RevB.
PSU: Seasonic SS-600 ECO 600W.
Case: NZXT source 210 Elite.
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000M003.
Optical Drive: LG DVDX24 LD.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-900FXA-UD3.
Windows: Microsoft Windows-8 64Bit.

Which one is better and why?
*NOTE: READ THE GPU LINE. I'M CONFUSED BETWEN THOSE CARDS.Which one is better and why?*
Sorry for the long post but I need a good advice.
This PC will be for gaming
I'm going to play Battlefied 4 etc......
Thanks in advance.

More about : amd cpu intel cpu

a c 184 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 5:26:30 AM

For the sole purpose of gaming, the core i5-3570K will be a better choice. As for your graphics cards, the 7950 would be a better choice over the 660ti.

I am expecting a few people to call me an Intel fan boy now, but that can't be true! I'm recommending an AMD card! WHOA!
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 5:29:54 AM

+1 ^
Related resources
January 23, 2013 5:36:47 AM

Ok but i went for the amd cpu cuz it has 8 cores and easy to upgrade and i heard that games in the future will use more than 4 cores thats why i refused to get intel.is that true or not. And if i got an amd cpu with that card (amd) will make much deferince so why intel not amd.
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 5:42:47 AM

It does not matter whether you pair amd cpu with amd or nvidia. or intel with nvidia/amd. its the same thing. also i wouldnt really call The 8350 a true a 8 core its like a quad core with phsyical hyperthreading. and each amd core is slower than the intel core too.

i5 3570k is the best gaming cpu I own a "6 core" amd cpu and im Telling you to get a i5 3570k haha
January 23, 2013 5:46:35 AM

Ok but wich one is better for future upgrade.ty by the way good answear

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 6:02:00 AM

Intel cpu if your buying straight foward purchase, THOUGH if the rumored xbox specs become real, there may be a few more titles that will gladly like 8 cores, but thats all gamble. you also get the benefit of having one more cpu grade after this if you went AM3+. the Intel choice imo is the safer bet, as it doesnt hodl on any rumors or any future changes, as its good now, and will stay good for a good while

if yoiu want to upgrade, intel is dead, next socket is 1150. as for amd, it will most liekly have one more lifetime with the next cpu then its probably going to retire.
January 23, 2013 6:21:05 AM

I would go with intel, I have had many experiences with both intel and amd in gaming and I can see the difference, intel definitely for gaming.

If you not going to overclock don't get the 3570k, if you are afraid to overclock but want to, look into asus motherboards they have the best auto overclocking software. It's called tpu if you want to search more about it.
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 6:26:57 AM

Just go with Intel, they have better processors, and the 3570k will last you and a good 3 years.

AMD isn't that great anymore as sad as that is.
January 23, 2013 6:39:04 AM

EasyTransfer said:
I would go with intel, I have had many experiences with both intel and amd in gaming and I can see the difference, intel definitely for gaming.

If you not going to overclock don't get the 3570k, if you are afraid to overclock but want to, look into asus motherboards they have the best auto overclocking software. It's called tpu if you want to search more about it.

Ok what motherboard from asus u recommend with that software?
January 23, 2013 6:43:25 AM

dudewitbow said:
Intel cpu if your buying straight foward purchase, THOUGH if the rumored xbox specs become real, there may be a few more titles that will gladly like 8 cores, but thats all gamble. you also get the benefit of having one more cpu grade after this if you went AM3+. the Intel choice imo is the safer bet, as it doesnt hodl on any rumors or any future changes, as its good now, and will stay good for a good while

if yoiu want to upgrade, intel is dead, next socket is 1150. as for amd, it will most liekly have one more lifetime with the next cpu then its probably going to retire.

So no need for 8 core and upgrading is usless with intel.f***
January 23, 2013 6:48:05 AM

amuffin said:
For the sole purpose of gaming, the core i5-3570K will be a better choice. As for your graphics cards, the 7950 would be a better choice over the 660ti.

I am expecting a few people to call me an Intel fan boy now, but that can't be true! I'm recommending an AMD card! WHOA!

i wouldnt listen to this kid. hes actuully a little 15 year old asian boy who plays with yoyos even check out his toms hardware channel his youtube link is in it LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
he pretty much knows jack all about pcs
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 6:48:07 AM

even if you dont want to overclock now, i would still get the k version. they really arent much more expensive at all and cutting yourself off from ever being able to overclock may end up being a mistake you regret
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 6:54:41 AM
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 7:02:29 AM

diablo34life said:
i wouldnt listen to this kid. hes actuully a little 15 year old asian boy who plays with yoyos even check out his toms hardware channel his youtube link is in it LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
he pretty much knows jack all about pcs

i think no body will listen to you infact.Age doesnot matter in computer knowlegde.
January 23, 2013 7:11:50 AM

age does matter someone older is smarter, amuffin is noob noob (laughs)
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 7:20:33 AM

ASHISH65 said:
i think no body will listen to you infact.Age doesnot matter in computer knowlegde.

i can agree, ive seen kids as young as 8 getting to know the different parts of the computer due to interest.
January 23, 2013 7:23:54 AM

i dont agree ive seen older people who actually know how to figure out a question and answer. unlik the 14 year olds on here who say well why did you buy so so? instead of answering the question. thats toms. id much rather trust the opinion of an older person, kids are just retarded until they get older
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2013 7:26:50 AM

...and then there are those kids that completely hijack a thread to talk about how kids dont know anything while contributing nothing to the topic
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 7:27:11 AM

diablo34life said:
i dont agree ive seen older people who actually know how to figure out a question and answer. unlik the 14 year olds on here who say well why did you buy so so? instead of answering the question. thats toms. id much rather trust the opinion of an older person, kids are just retarded until they get older

thats sort of generalizing, which I shouldnt say should be applied to everyone. there are young people out there who know stuff. albeit I would trust someone older as well more, it doesnt mean that it isnt impossible for someone young to be smart in a subject at such an early age.
January 23, 2013 7:30:41 AM

EasyTransfer said:

Ok ill search for it but Any good Mobo from asus u recommend? :D 
January 23, 2013 7:32:40 AM

dudewitbow said:
thats sort of generalizing, which I shouldnt say should be applied to everyone. there are young people out there who know stuff. albeit I would trust someone older as well more, it doesnt mean that it isnt impossible for someone young to be smart in a subject at such an early age.

kinda generalizeing? it is. how about rolling witht he numbers. about 5 % of kids might be able to give a proper un stupid response. a grown up much better chances. when it comes down to 2 different people i dont know. ill take the grown up any day. sry kids if ur 17 u gotta get outta ur moms house already and stop pickin ur nose
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 7:34:03 AM

feras said:

when it comes to Mobo decisions its basically what your need then find a mobno that fits that description:

basic ones are:
1. overclocking?
2. # of ram slots
3. # of pci-e x16 slots
4. is it sli compatable(requires 8x/8x lanes minumum) or crossfire compatible(requires 16x/4x minimum)
5. How much are you going to overclock(build quality as well as power phases help in this)
6. Extraneous addons like wifi, extra sata ports, extra USB, better integrated sound, and other stuff.
January 23, 2013 11:59:11 AM

Best answer selected by feras.
January 23, 2013 12:01:22 PM

dudewitbow said:

Is An fx 8350 cpu a future proof or not and what about the intel is it a future proof to ?
a c 184 à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 23, 2013 1:27:01 PM

feras said:
Is An fx 8350 cpu a future proof or not and what about the intel is it a future proof to ?

With technology improving everyday, there really isn't future proofing.
January 23, 2013 2:01:20 PM

feras said:

There's 3 I would recommend, the cheapest an asus p8z77-v lk for £90. Or an asus maximus v gene for £130 or a asus sabertooth z77 for £160.

Best for the budget I would go for the maximus v gene.
January 23, 2013 7:04:19 PM

Ok so what i have learned from all the posts is to go with intel that will last a couple years without upgrading because its better when it comes about peformnce and overclocking. Or i should get the amd cpu if i want to upgrade in future? And that it sucks when it come to gaming and overclocking.
Thank you all for your respinds and baring with me :D 
January 23, 2013 7:08:21 PM

Definitely go with intel no doubt about it but if you can wait another 2-3 months intel's 4th gen CPU is coming out called haswell, and then you can post another post asking the motherboard for that because it has a new socket
!