HomeBuilt Hanging at Shutdown

wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Hey guys i built this computer about a year ago and lately its been giving me a problem.
Its been hanging at shutdown for over 5 minutes. I reinstalled the computer thinking it was a hardware problem but its still hanging right now. I have windows 7 installed.
Specs:
I5 2500K
Asus P8P67
16Gb Gskill Ram
Crusiar M4 64GB SSD
1TB hd
XFX 6950 2GB
700Watt PSU

So i know this computer isnt this slow. What could be causing this.

Solution
Hanging at shutdown is typically a driver issue, and mostly related to external devices. Do you have any external devices plugged in, other than the obvious KB/Mouse/Monitor. I so try removing them and see if the hanging issue persists.

If you have fancy peripherials that have extra usb hubs, or other features, remove or disable these too.

Also did you recently update to new/latest drivers for anything in your computer?

poweruser_24

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hanging at shutdown is typically a driver issue, and mostly related to external devices. Do you have any external devices plugged in, other than the obvious KB/Mouse/Monitor. I so try removing them and see if the hanging issue persists.

If you have fancy peripherials that have extra usb hubs, or other features, remove or disable these too.

Also did you recently update to new/latest drivers for anything in your computer?

Solution