Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Help Updating Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe

Last response: in Components
January 23, 2013 5:58:43 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to update my computer. I have mobo: Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe with a Phenom x4 9750 and x2 (on SLI mode) 9600GT 512mb
And I don't know what processor should I buy to update it... and less I konw the video card... i have no idea about compatibility... budget may be a problem...
What do you say... would that be a recommendable solution for me? (price/performance/compatibility)

for the processor I can spend between 75 and 100 bucks. And 200 for the video card... ( I guess that I'm being cheap, being gtx 590 around $1400 )

I hope this is not too much to ask... I used to work as sales/technician a couple years ago and it's amazing how fast everything changed...

If you don't know the answer, at least I appreciate you took the time to read the post... I've seen many good responsed around here. I hope to get a few comments.

Thanks and Regards!
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 7:22:57 AM

What ever you do, it's still going to be a little held back because of the DDR2 that the board uses.....
I have the board and had been using it with the Phenom II X4 965. The cards were the same 2 in SLI 9600's and the rig used to fly....
I loved it as it was but the RAM was holding me back.... since a year ago DDR3 was dirt cheap, I picked up a MSI (My first buy outside the Asus Family) 790FX-GD70 and used new RAM , old 965 and 2 new 5750's in CF..... and that flies till date....

My suggestion would be to hold on a little bit longer and get yourself a new mobo.... something like a 990 or soon to come newer series..... save a little more money and go for it then....
Score
January 23, 2013 3:51:19 PM

Thank you very much for the advice! So you say that there's a big difference between rams ? If i get an ati 5970 wont make such difference?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
January 24, 2013 4:09:24 AM

I would call it a big difference but when you're jumping generations of HW certain stuff in the config will hold you back..... esp the RAM.... yes when it comes to overall computing you will see the system stall for every few minutes.....
and that is a mighty pain.
Even when you want to go ahead and increase the RAM it's a pain finding DDR2 in the right combination to go with the mobo and the price is steeper than DDR3.

Don't get me wrong , I love that mobo..... but I'd leave it as it is instead of putting in more money into the same rig.....

And yes with a new processor the RAM change certainly makes a lot of difference... maybe not on the synthetic benchmark side but in realworld stuff..... yes the time required to get certain stuff done is considerably reduced......
January 24, 2013 5:43:35 AM

Wow, well i will take your advice ! thanks for taking the time to read and share knowledge!
Score
January 24, 2013 5:43:55 AM

Best answer selected by jmx7697.
Score
!