First time build compatibility

chasek17

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
This is the first time I'm attempting to build a comp, and I just want to make sure everything is compatible before I order anything. I also don't know exactly which cables I'll need or anything like that, so any help there would be wonderful. Parts are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard

Intel core I7 3770k processor

Corsair vengeance 4X4 GB ram DDR3 1600

WD CAVIAR BLACK 1 tb 7200 rpm HDD

Plextor m5s 128 GB SATA III SSD

Cooler master HAF 912 RC-912KKN1 case

Coolermaster silent pro 720W

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI

Plus a 27" Asus monitor, but that'll come with what I need I'm sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

You don't need cables.

Looks decent. I'd suggest a 2x8GB kit of ram though, not 4x4GB. And that psu is ridiculously expensive for a bronze unit. You can get a gold or platinum unit for that price. Are you planning SLI? Why 720w psu? Do you even need hyperthreading?

You should fill out the new build from in the new build section. Otherwise nobody knows where your going with this build.

chasek17

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I am brand new to comp building. I've been doing some research, but apparently not enough. I'll trade this over to the forum you suggested, but as long as you're answering questions for me, why would i want a 2x8? I thought having more sticks would help aid the process, sort of a 2 heads are better than one type deal.
as far as SLI, no. I didn't know how much wattage i would need for my build, so i shot a little high i suppose. any idea as to how much i would need?