Casecom 700w opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase91

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Is the casecom 700w atx PSU any good? The model is vp-700.
Any one have experience with them an are yet really twin 12v rails? What sort on performance will I get from it?

Solution
Do your self a favor, avoid it like it has the Black plague of Death.
Basically there crap, 50% load they are fine, once you get to 75% load they just shut down. The specs are a complete Lie. Stick with a OCZ, Corsair, or a silverstone PSU.
Much better with more power protection features, so in the event of anything going wrong with the PSU, they are all likely to save the rest of the components inside the PC.
I have replaced four of them, casecom psu`s, and each clapped out for the same reason, bad power supply all round. One took a few other components out on a pc, so as you can imagne, not too impressed by them. Luckly not mine. But you learn why it is important to buy a quality branded well known Psu for that exact reason Chase my...

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Do your self a favor, avoid it like it has the Black plague of Death.
Basically there crap, 50% load they are fine, once you get to 75% load they just shut down. The specs are a complete Lie. Stick with a OCZ, Corsair, or a silverstone PSU.
Much better with more power protection features, so in the event of anything going wrong with the PSU, they are all likely to save the rest of the components inside the PC.
I have replaced four of them, casecom psu`s, and each clapped out for the same reason, bad power supply all round. One took a few other components out on a pc, so as you can imagne, not too impressed by them. Luckly not mine. But you learn why it is important to buy a quality branded well known Psu for that exact reason Chase my friend.

Solution

BrianJa

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
Agreed, I got one as a cheapie of ebay. At 50% load worked fine for six months or so but now motherboard gives off power error beeps if it's not crashing windows 3-4 times in the first hour of operation. Workaround is to hit pause on POST screen, let the PSU "warm up" for 20 mins or so then things seem to be sweet, although as time goes on it's becoming more unstable.

Casecom === Rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.