HELP! Programs crash after install of amd driver

pikaa

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hello

Yesterday I installed my new system I have installed windows. Where after I installed drivers for my motherboard, graphics card, etc., but after I installed driver for my graphics card and the computer restarted, windows says such as "side panel stopped working" and "ineternet explore stopped working "Google chrome is still working, but when I go to youtube and click on a video shockwave crashes. There are also many other programs that crashes or as windows says it stops working. Can not figure out what the problem is. Here are my specs

CPU: i7 3770k (not overclocked)
RAM: Kingston 8GB 1600MHz
MOBO: Asus p8z77-v pro
Graphics: Gigabye hd 7870

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If your motherboard has graphics chip on it, you may start disabling it in BIOS and re-installing your AMD graphics card drivers.

pikaa

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
My DVI calbe is connected to the GPU. I dont know if there is a graphics chip on it, ill will enter BIOS now and check.

pikaa

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Can it be because i installed a really old windows? I got my computer friday. I can first get win7 monday, so i installed vista 64 bit version from 2007 or something, a old windows version we had in the house.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Can you install the AMD drivers the old way, namely, using the Device Manager and updating the drivers from there ? Sometimes, the drivers for the new gen cards do not install properly because the card is not identified by the drivers.