Please check my system. Thanks in advance. :)

Lee1011

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hi, thanks so much for assisting me on my first computer build.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Sooner is better, sometime before the end of next month.

Budget Range: $1600-$2000 including shipping lower end of that budget is preferred if possible. If I use unnecessarily expensive parts please let me know.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
1. Gaming (EvE online, WoW, online poker with software like Holdem Manager etc.)
2. Surfing the web
3. Netflix
4. General college use so word processing etc.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: I think I can downgrade the PSU (can I?). I'd also consider getting a smaller SSD, not sure if I actually need that much storage on it.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, however I'd like to use Windows 8 ASAP. I believe this means the preview version until the full one is released. Do I need to purchase windows 7 to do this? Should I just wait until Windows 8 is released in full?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: itestate.com.au (they will assemble it for me, I'm too scared to do it myself with the aid of the newegg videos)

Parts Preferences: I'm set on the CPU listed below, I would like both a SSD and HDD and no less than 16GB RAM. Also, I prefer good brands for the most part (Corsair, Gigabyte and others that are on par). I prefer Nvidia to AMD. I'm happy to change the case as I don't require a 'flashy' case, however I like expandability and the tool free features coolermaster offer.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I know very little about this, so if you could possibly make a recommendation that would be appreciated.

Your Monitor Resolution: 22" 1680 x 1050 is what I currently have, however I'd like to get a second monitor 22-24 inch. I haven't priced this into my budget as I may purchase the additional monitor at a later date.

Additional Comments: I'd like the PC to be as quiet as possible. Also I have a SSD + HDD combo so I can install the OS and other files/programs I use regularly on the SSD and everything else on the HDD.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I have an old MacBook Pro which is a hunk o junk.. Can't play games or anything fun. :(

Here's what I have so far:

- Full Tower (Without PSU) CM Storm STRYKER [SGC-5000W-KWN1] Black-White
- Power Supply 1250W ENERMAX REVOLUTION85
- SSD (Solid State Drive) 2.5" 180GB Sata3 Corsair [CSSD-F180GB3-BK] Force Series (550/520MB/s)
- HDD Internal 3.5" 2TB SATA3 7200rpm Seagate SV35 Series [ST2000VX000]
- CPU/Processor Intel S1155 i7-3770K Quad Core (3.5GHz/8M/22nm/77w/Integrated Graphics 4000)
- Desktop DDR3 Ram 16GB Kit (4x4GB) 1600MHz Corsair [CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9G]
- Motherboard Intel S1155 Z77 Gigabyte [GA-Z77X-UD5H] (Digital Power Control)
- DVD-Rewriter Internal 5.25" SATA Samsung [SH-222BB] (22x/OEM with Software) Black

1. I haven't included a sound card, could you possibly recommend one for me? Sound is not of great importance to me.
2. I haven't included a graphics card if you could please recommend one
3. Will this computer have inbuilt wi-fi/bluetooth? If not how do I get this?
4. Can I put the windows 8 preview on it without having any other OS installed beforehand? I like the look of windows 8 but is it suitable for gaming purposes?
5. Any recommendations you have are welcome. If there's anything besides the PSU that is overkill/has cheaper options where not much is sacrificed please let me know.

Thanks, your help is appreciated! First build is so exciting & nerve racking :D

jonclimbs247

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Just an fyi try to copy and paste to a new thread. I looked for this one on the Forums to see if anyone answered and saw nothing. Make a new title as well. If nothing else I will tell you what I know which will reduce the cost quite a bit...and still be able to run any new game on high settings. But, try to repost in new thread with new title, if you get no response I'll help you with everything I know.