So i've just finished building my new gaming pc. Here are the specs:

Core i5 3570k
Asrock Z77 pro4
Sapphire HD7870 OC Edition
Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600MHz
Western Digital 500gb Caviar Blue 7200rpm
Antec HCG 520w
FD Core 3000

Everything went fine, and i had no problems with hardware recognition. I installed windows, all the drivers, and all the little applications for everyday use. The problem arrived when i tried to run battlefield 3. When i run the game it shows a black window like it's loading the game, but doesn't move on from there. For the first few seconds i'm able to move the cursor around but then it starts getting slower and freezes up, forcing me to restart the computer. Even if i manage to close the process of the game, it will just act like it is still running it and eventually freeze anyway. I tried reinstalling the game but nothing changed.

The same exact thing has happened with Skyrim and Borderlands. I haven't tried any other games yet.

This sounded to me like a gpu driver problem. First i had installed the driver that came in the gpu CD (catalyst version 12.4), and i was getting a "kdbsync.exe has stopped working" error on windows startup, but after the issue with BF3 i uninstalled that and updated to the 12.8 version. That fixed the kdbsync problem, but didn't change the freezing issues.

Other than trying to game i've pretty much only browsed the web and watched some 720p vids on youtube, but i had no problems with that.

I have no idea what to do now, and so i came here :D 
Any ideas you guys have will be greatly appreciated.
a b 4 Gaming
September 8, 2012 6:40:46 PM

Maybe the HD7870 overclock problem, do you try to un-clock the card and run the BF3 to see the PC freeze or not. If yes, RMA the card. Otherwise maybe other member will help you.
September 8, 2012 7:06:11 PM

Meanwhile i tried taking out the 7870 and was able run games normally using intel graphics.

About your idea cin, thanks, i guess i might try that.
Related resources
September 8, 2012 7:23:24 PM

Lol okay everything's fixed.

After plugging the 7870 back on i thought it would probably be a good idea to disable the intel integrated graphics, and, well, that worked.

The 7870 was probably conflicting with the integrated graphics drivers. A little silly of me that i didn't remember that before, but oh well, i'm just happy everything's ok.

Anyway, thanks!
October 16, 2012 2:19:12 PM

Betoneira said:
Lol okay everything's fixed.

After plugging the 7870 back on i thought it would probably be a good idea to disable the intel integrated graphics, and, well, that worked.

The 7870 was probably conflicting with the integrated graphics drivers. A little silly of me that i didn't remember that before, but oh well, i'm just happy everything's ok.

Anyway, thanks!

Aw man, such an easy solution. I was clueless and desperate, till i read ur tip. Thanx a lot! :sol: 
October 16, 2012 5:02:26 PM

Mierk said:
Aw man, such an easy solution. I was clueless and desperate, till i read ur tip. Thanx a lot! :sol: 

Ahah yeah i was pretty desperate myself at the time. Anyway i'm glad this was helpful to others ;) 
!