locking up at copper vein?

Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but it
stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the same
vein, it will lock up again.

In article <Xns96CDC13074327namenamecom@216.196.97.131>,
My Name <name@name.com> wrote:

> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
> character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but it
> stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
> them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the same
> vein, it will lock up again.

That happens, once in a while -- people say "this node is bugged." File
a petition. Typically, if you move to another vein and mine it
(assuming it isn't bugged), you'll "free up."

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"My Name" <name@name.com> wrote in message
> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
> character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but
> it
> stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
> them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the
> same
> vein, it will lock up again.

Happens gathering herbs too.

My Name wrote:
> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
> character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but it
> stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
> them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the same
> vein, it will lock up again.

I opened "Chen's Empty Keg" in the southern barrens a couple of days ago
while I already was on that quest, and the same happened to me.

Even hearthstone didn't help. I had to log out and log in again.

http://www.thottbot.com/?q=672

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

ÐïÅßö¥ø§© wrote:
> "My Name" <name@name.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
>>character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but
>>it
>>stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
>>them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the
>>same
>>vein, it will lock up again.
>

> Happens gathering herbs too.

For me, though, only Earthroot!

Cira (22 Human Warrior, Darkspear)

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> My Name wrote:
>> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
>> character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but
>> it
>> stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
>> them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the
>> same
>> vein, it will lock up again.
>
> I opened "Chen's Empty Keg" in the southern barrens a couple of days ago
> while I already was on that quest, and the same happened to me.

lol...that was my first experience of this particular bug.

There are two of these kegs....one in Thorn Hill (the first one I tried)
which seems to work perfectly. It doesn't execute the bug.

the other one I tried was near the Stagnant Oasis IIRC, and that one was
bugged.

I assume they're the same thing, for the same quest...but I'm not entirely
sure.

My Name ha scritto:

> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then my
> character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the character but it
> stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein and its about a third of
> them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my character, but if I mine the same
> vein, it will lock up again.

Well, the loot bug. Try to use a bendage. It works.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Nabuu <Nabuu@*YOUR-PANTS*ManyFriends.com> stared blankly into space
for a short while before writing:
> In article <Xns96CDC13074327namenamecom@216.196.97.131>,
> My Name <name@name.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and
>> then my character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the
>> character but it stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein
>> and its about a third of them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my
>> character, but if I mine the same vein, it will lock up again.
>
> That happens, once in a while -- people say "this node is bugged."
> File
> a petition. Typically, if you move to another vein and mine it
> (assuming it isn't bugged), you'll "free up."

With some people, moving to another node or killing a mob and trying to
loot it doesn't work. I have the same problem the other responders have,
and it only happens with earthroot and copper veins as well as Chen's
empty keg. The same node (or keg) will *always* leave me kneeling and
nothing short of re-logging will fix it. I've also experienced the lag
loot bug, and yes, looting another mob or mining/gathering will fix it,
but I've only had that happen a few times, and never with copper or
earthroot (or kegs:).

Thank God for Map-notes, I log every bugged node so that I don't keep
getting caught:)

--
Doc

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

My Name <name@name.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
before writing:
> Anyone locking up mining at a copper vein? I will mine it, and then
> my character locks up in a bent down position. I can move the
> character but it stays bent down. It only happens at copper vein
> and its about a third of them. Log out/in will 'straighten out' my
> character, but if I mine the same vein, it will lock up again.

Yes. Bugged nodes. Get Map-notes to record them or you'll be kicking
yourself when you go to mine, get stuck, and realise that you've been
there before :) Also happens with some earthroot nodes.

Thank God it doesn't seem to happen with high-end ores like Thorium:)

For a while I raised a GM note every time I found a bugged node, but
after not receiving a reply to any of them, I got dis-heartened and gave
up. (The first node I ever found, just near the bottom of the ramp up to
Ironforge, is still bugged some 6 months later).

--
Doc

TRENDING THREADS