Lost "My Computer" icon from Desktop - Restore How?

July 30, 2005 3:30:59 PM

Hi All,

Somehow I screwed up my WinXP Pro SP2 system and lost the "My Computer" icon
from Desktop. how can I restore it?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:51:31 PM

Hi Richard

Right click on the Desktop and select Properties>Desktop>Customize
Desktop... and check the box next to 'My Computer'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Richard Lionheart" <RichardMulleDELETEr@REMOVE.comcast.net> wrote in
message news:aJqdnQB6dYX6MHbfRVn-gQ@adelphia.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Somehow I screwed up my WinXP Pro SP2 system and lost the "My Computer"
> icon
> from Desktop. how can I restore it?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Richard
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:51:32 PM

Hi Will,

Thanks for the expert and prompt reply. I knew it was easy to do because
I've done it before, but I couldn't for the life of my recall how, and
Windows/Help didn't give me anything useful. I think many users would throw
their computers in the trash, were it not for the Newsgroups and
contributors like you.

Many thanks,
Richard

news:o luexbSlFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Richard
>
> Right click on the Desktop and select Properties>Desktop>Customize
> Desktop... and check the box next to 'My Computer'.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Richard Lionheart" <RichardMulleDELETEr@REMOVE.comcast.net> wrote in
> message news:aJqdnQB6dYX6MHbfRVn-gQ@adelphia.com...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Somehow I screwed up my WinXP Pro SP2 system and lost the "My Computer"
>> icon
>> from Desktop. how can I restore it?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> Richard

July 30, 2005 10:46:56 PM

You're welcome, Richard.

--

"NoOne@Nowhere.com" <RLMuller240432@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi Will,
>
> Thanks for the expert and prompt reply. I knew it was easy to do because
> I've done it before, but I couldn't for the life of my recall how, and
> Windows/Help didn't give me anything useful. I think many users would
> throw their computers in the trash, were it not for the Newsgroups and
> contributors like you.
>
> Many thanks,
> Richard

> news:o luexbSlFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Richard
>>
>> Right click on the Desktop and select Properties>Desktop>Customize
>> Desktop... and check the box next to 'My Computer'.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Richard Lionheart" <RichardMulleDELETEr@REMOVE.comcast.net> wrote in
>> message news:aJqdnQB6dYX6MHbfRVn-gQ@adelphia.com...
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Somehow I screwed up my WinXP Pro SP2 system and lost the "My Computer"
>>> icon
>>> from Desktop. how can I restore it?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>> Richard

July 3, 2011 6:46:24 PM

Quote:

Hi Richard

Right click on the Desktop and select Properties>Desktop>Customize
Desktop... and check the box next to 'My Computer'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Richard Lionheart" <RichardMulleDELETEr@REMOVE.comcast.net> wrote in
message news:aJqdnQB6dYX6MHbfRVn-gQ@adelphia.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Somehow I screwed up my WinXP Pro SP2 system and lost the "My Computer"
> icon
> from Desktop. how can I restore it?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Richard

I was able to restore My Computer and Network places this way. Thanks for helping this dumb fellow...me!
!