I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.

Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
no choice but to grind for reputation?

I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?

Cheers
Happy Urbin - who dinged 56 about half an hour ago

--
Urbin (56), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

grab the FP just south of the entrance,,,,as there is a connecting FP in
Everlook.
I took a speed potion and ran into that tunnel,only battled a few at the
other end. Takes forever to get your rep up with the Furbolg,,

"Urbin" <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote in message
>I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
> However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
> me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
> Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
> be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
> options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
> no choice but to grind for reputation?
>
> I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
> going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?
>
> Cheers
> Happy Urbin - who dinged 56 about half an hour ago
>
> --
> Urbin (56), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
> Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
> Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
> Gorosh (5), Tauren Druid (PvP) @sunstrider.en

There is a vendor who is on the same faction as the furlbogs in the tunnel,
so id aim to keep your reputation.
Either run/rez through, or spend some time killing the deadwoods.
They spawn in a camp in the south, and near the tunnel in the north. North
ones are slightly higher level.
Quest is a waste of time. just kill for faction.

>I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
> However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
> me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
> Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
> be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
> options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
> no choice but to grind for reputation?
>
> I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
> going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?
>
> Cheers
> Happy Urbin - who dinged 56 about half an hour ago

You can get the fly point in Felwood, from the tunnel go south and you will
find it. Then you could run through once without killing anything and get
the fly point In Winterspring, flying can be a bit expensive though. It
doesnt take too long to get good enough rep with them, I made the mistake of
killing some Timbermaw so it took me a bit longer. Best way is to get a
group and plough through them. Just go around in a circle and kill them
all, but always watch for the Boss (Overlord Ror) he gives 25 rep points,
whilst normal ones only give 5 and he spawns really quickly - you usually
get 6 if your human and 27-28 for a boss kill. The easiest ones to kill are
the lower level ones right down near the bottom of Felwood, get the quest
but don't bother handing it in, its a long way and only gives 25 factions
points, you can easily get that many in the time it would take to ride up
there. If no one else is there just farm the boss, I was suprised how fast
I was going up when I did that.

Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

>I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
>However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
>me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
>Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
>be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
>options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
>no choice but to grind for reputation?
>
>I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
>going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?
>
>Cheers
>Happy Urbin - who dinged 56 about half an hour ago

My rogue is pretty much despised by the Furlbogs and I can stealth
through that tunnel without so much as a cross look. Once on the other
side you can kiss the Furlbogs goodbye and head for a FP. It's going
to be more difficult for a hunter, but no biggee. Winterspring is an
ok place.

"Urbin" <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote in message
>I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
> However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
> me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
> Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
> be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
> options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
> no choice but to grind for reputation?
>
> I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
> going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?

None hard. I fought through with my hunter (pet, concussion shot, traps,
wing clip, etc) and suffered no ill consequences. It just got easier each
time I did it. Although, the passage to Moonglade was a little rougher but
only had to do it once.

This time with mage was even easier. Just ran through with frost nova,
blinks, coc, etc. I heard if you make friends with them you can buy stuff,
but- frankly- they're not getting their hands on my cash.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:19:15 +0000 (UTC), Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu>
wrote:

>I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
>However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
>me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
>Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
>be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
>options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
>no choice but to grind for reputation?
>
>I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
>going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?

You have two choices:
A) Kill your way through the tunnels _every_ time you want to go
through them (or run to the flight point).
B) Grind the other furbolgs in fellwood for a little while and get
your faction to unfriendly - at that point the timbermaw stop
attacking you and you can just walk through.

Also, if you ever want to get any of the recipies listed here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Timbermaw then B is your only option.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Another good reason to have a good rep, is to
Have a "unfriendly" (Either another faction, or just someone you dont
like) follow you in there lol quite humorous to see them get attacked while
you stroll through.

"El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> wrote in message
> Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
>
> >I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
> >However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
> >me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
> >
> >Considering that those live aaaaall the way to the south and I can't
> >be bothered riding back and forth across Felwood, are there any other
> >options to get to Winterspring as an Alliance character? Or is there
> >no choice but to grind for reputation?
> >
> >I guess I could fight my way through the tunnel, but how hard is that
> >going to make my life on the other side of the tunnel?
> >
> >Cheers
> >Happy Urbin - who dinged 56 about half an hour ago
>
> My rogue is pretty much despised by the Furlbogs and I can stealth
> through that tunnel without so much as a cross look. Once on the other
> side you can kiss the Furlbogs goodbye and head for a FP. It's going
> to be more difficult for a hunter, but no biggee. Winterspring is an
> ok place.

I always laugh when I see some moron killing the Furblogs.....

Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> wrote:
> I ran through way back when, and now I learn about the tailoring
> patterns.... is the bad reputation change final? Or can I try and change it?

It's not final. But it will take you longer to gain a good reputation.

--
Erick

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:40:02 +0100, Fugwump <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> >I tried going to winterspring tonight as I have two quests open there.
> > However outside the tunnel in Felwood is this Furbolg feller telling
> > me I better whack some Deadwood's to improve my reputation with them.
>
> It doesnt take too long to get good enough rep with them

It didn't. Just a bit over half an hour, gave me considerable XP and tons of
cloth. An hour well invested, I reckon. Especially since I didn't have to
ride across all of Felwood after every 21 kills :)

> Best way is to get a group and plough through them.

Actually I soloed it (with the help of my cat ;-) and had no problems at
all.

> Just go around in a circle and kill them all, but always watch for the
> Boss (Overlord Ror) he gives 25 rep points, whilst normal ones only give
> 5 and he spawns really quickly

Yupp, after first methodically decimating all of them after a while I just
waited up for the boss and his 5-6 underlings to respawn.

> The easiest ones to kill are the lower level ones right down near the
> bottom of Felwood

Yupp, that's the ones I picked as I was in the vincinity anyway. Do the ones
near the tunnel also have a 25-rep boss?

> If no one else is there just farm the boss, I was suprised how fast
> I was going up when I did that.

Yepp. After a while some others showed up so we grouped. I tried to figure
out if this had an impact on the rep being gained. Some of the
'knowledgable' people in my guild said it didn't but from what I could tell
it distributes the rep increase according to the same rules as 'group loot',
i.e. it does a round robin. Especially annoying when not getting the 25 rep
points off the boss :)

Can anyone confirm this? A next time I would rather not group and try to tag
the boss before the others...

Sneaky greetings
Urbin

--
Urbin (56), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gorosh (5), Tauren Druid (PvP) @sunstrider.en

Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
> Yepp. After a while some others showed up so we grouped. I tried to figure
> out if this had an impact on the rep being gained. Some of the

My observation was that you get reputation for every mob you did
damage to, no matter how little. So if you're in a group it's best if
everyone takes a shot at every mob pulled, then resumes your "usual"
battle plan.

--
Erick

In <slrndiaqfa.5iq.urbin@stinky.trash.net>, Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

> Yepp. After a while some others showed up so we grouped. I tried to figure
> out if this had an impact on the rep being gained. Some of the
> 'knowledgable' people in my guild said it didn't but from what I could tell
> it distributes the rep increase according to the same rules as 'group loot',
> i.e. it does a round robin. Especially annoying when not getting the 25 rep
> points off the boss :)
>
> Can anyone confirm this? A next time I would rather not group and try to tag
> the boss before the others...

According to the 'Reputation' Addon, grouping does not affect rep
gains. I get the same rep gain when killing a mob in group as I do solo.
The Addon shows this as a number in the Combat Log, rather than as
'slightly/significantly/etc', which can vary in the real reputation
value hiding behind it. E.g, at level 60, I've seen 'slightly increased'
reputation gains from 5 to 25 points.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:51:58 -0000, nobwicket@gmail.com <nobwicket@gmail.com> wrote:
> In <slrndiaqfa.5iq.urbin@stinky.trash.net>, Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
>
> > Yepp. After a while some others showed up so we grouped. I tried to figure
> > out if this had an impact on the rep being gained. Some of the
> > 'knowledgable' people in my guild said it didn't but from what I could tell
> > it distributes the rep increase according to the same rules as 'group loot',
> > i.e. it does a round robin. Especially annoying when not getting the 25 rep
> > points off the boss :)
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this? A next time I would rather not group and try to tag
> > the boss before the others...
>
> According to the 'Reputation' Addon, grouping does not affect rep
> gains. I get the same rep gain when killing a mob in group as I do solo.
> The Addon shows this as a number in the Combat Log

I know and it's exactly what I have been using for a long time. And I
clearly saw that after some kills I got a message saying that my reputation
had increased by 25 (or 5) points with the Timbermaws and after other kills
it did not say anything in the combat log.

I assumed that it had to do with distributing rep on a round-robin basis.
However, as other people pointed out, it is very well possible that we
killed mobs in parallel and I might not have dealt damage to some of the
mobs my group mate killed, not giving me any reputation gain. I just seem
to have misinterpreted that behaviour, I guess.

I will try to verify this some time and of course make liberal use of
'scatter shot' in the future to make sure that I did some damage to all mobs
being fought by my group when grinding for reputation.

Cheers
Urbin

--

"Erick Pelden" <epelden@excite.com> wrote in message
> Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
> > Yepp. After a while some others showed up so we grouped. I tried to
figure
> > out if this had an impact on the rep being gained. Some of the
>
> My observation was that you get reputation for every mob you did
> damage to, no matter how little. So if you're in a group it's best if
> everyone takes a shot at every mob pulled, then resumes your "usual"
> battle plan.

Yes you are right - if you don't do any damage to the target furbolg you
will NOT gain any rep from it's demise.