Weird lag while playing games

I don't know if it's something to do with overheating of my CPU or GPU, or even a problem with my network adapter
I will be playing far cry 3 max settings, and every now and then my game will start lagging like it's just stuttering, it replays the same noise. When I alt tab out my curse jumps every now and then of course there is no noise so i cannot hear the audio lag during this.
I worked out that by disconnecting from the network it fixes it, and remains fixed even if i reconnect straight away. This happens mostly while playing far cry but it has happened whilst streaming videos.

Any ideas anyone? I do not want to cause any long term damage to my system so I want to get it sorted asap.

i5 3570k w/ stock cooler @ 3.4ghz (stock)
asus gtx 660 w/ directcu II
msi p67a gd53 b3
750w ACE psu
80gb hdd for OS + 250gb hdd for games.
5 answers Last reply
More about weird playing games
  1. What's your ram size, sometime low ram memory is the problem, better have 8gb or more for playing at max set..
  2. Also that PSU sounds like a piece of junk.
  3. The PSU is, admittedly, an awful piece of hardware but I could not afford anything better.
    I have 8gb Corsair 1600mhz RAM.
  4. bump
  5. I've had my router get stuck on some malformed packets causing games to lag.
    Replaced it with a router w/firewall that does stateful packet inspection.

Could be the NIC or some auto-updater that's accessing the internet while you play. PCIe gigabit NICs are very cheap these days.

I'll assume you've done a virus/rootkit scan.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Lag Games