My B-Day PC! Advice for left over $500

ZeroShadow

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: A little over $500-540 (Already bought Asus AMD Radeon 7870 & 0S and need the rest of the parts)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Digital Illustration (Sketchbook Pro, Photoshop,Painter) Games (mostly play games like Batman:Arkham City, Darksiders, GTA5, strategy), tiny bit of video editing

No need for a monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Prefer Newegg/Amazon but willing to try reliable sites!

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Michigan (Not near a Microcenter *Insert sad Face*)
Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Prefer an Intel

Overclocking: Maybe def leading more toward yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Looking to build my first PC on my birthday month (sooner the better). Already bought video card and OS and now I'm trying to get some much need advice for the rest of my 500-400 dollar budget. (motherboard,processor,PSU,ETC.) Id prefer it to be decently quiet wince Ill be sleeping in the same room it possible Upgrading from a 6 year old Gateway GT4024 with Pentium D Processor, ATI Radeon Xpress 200, and 2gb of ram so I'm very excited to get this started! :bounce: I'm really glad to have found this community and I hope this leads to me helping out my fellow beginners sometime in the future! :D

Solution
I5 3570K $230 at newegg

GA-Z77-D3H $120 at newegg with free 8GB RAM

Coolmaster Elite 430 $38 newegg with rebates

Plenty of room for a decent XFX, Seasonic or Corsair PSU.

ZeroShadow

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

Sorry late reply...Earning a living! I've been getting suggestions on getting ASRock Z77 Extreme4 instead you got any say on the matter. Is there a board that would be easier to overclock for a first timer than others?

spat55

Distinguished

Well I have the GA-Z77-D3H and I don't really like Asrock, but thats my opinion. Loads of people like the ASrock but I find Gigabyte and Asus better, not only that but ASrock are a part of Asus, so I personally feel that they are below gigabyte/Asus.

EDIT: No worries on the late reply, just was 11:30pm and needed to go to bed :)

ZeroShadow

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for the help spat55! Took a little research and soul searching but I think I'm goiing with your choice! Thanks. I'll make a new thread when I'm closer to a final build. Maybe you might help with that one too.