WXP Icons in IE6

July 31, 2005 3:05:57 AM

Seems all my icons (google, yahoo, etc.) in the links toolbar in IE6 are now
generic 'e' icons. What happened to the 'real' icons and how can i get them
back?
TY

--
"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist
(1749 - 1832)

More about : wxp icons ie6

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:01:10 PM

They were deleted when you emptied your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Read about it here...
[[Favicons are usually lost when you delete your Temporary Internet Files,
but FavOrg preserves them.]]
FavOrg

Download it here...
108. Right hand side
FavOrg - Restore and Save Favorite Icons

Direct download of favorg.zip
http://www.gratilog.net/anglais/internet/favorg.zip

These Icons are stored in >>
%homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
or
C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

The contents of these files get deleted. Icons revert back to the generic
ugly IE e.

IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Settings button | View Files
button | Scroll down to whatever *.ico files you want to keep | Left click
favicon.ico | Drag to Desktop | Rename to whatever | Store in a folder such
as >> C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\My Documents\ICONS

Open Favorites | Right click whatever item | Properties | Change Icon |
button | Browse button | Click: My Documents or wherever *.ico are stored |
Click whatever *.ico | Open button | OK | Apply | OK
Repeat as necessary.

If you move any *.ico files after customizing your shortcut/favorite, the
icon will revert back to the blue e

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes