WXP Icons in IE6

Seems all my icons (google, yahoo, etc.) in the links toolbar in IE6 are now
generic 'e' icons. What happened to the 'real' icons and how can i get them
back?
TY

--
"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist
(1749 - 1832)
1 answer Last reply
More about icons

    They were deleted when you emptied your Temporary Internet Files folder.

    Read about it here...
    [[Favicons are usually lost when you delete your Temporary Internet Files,
    but FavOrg preserves them.]]
    FavOrg

    Download it here...
    108. Right hand side
    FavOrg - Restore and Save Favorite Icons

    Direct download of favorg.zip
    http://www.gratilog.net/anglais/internet/favorg.zip

    These Icons are stored in >>
    %homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    or
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    The contents of these files get deleted. Icons revert back to the generic
    ugly IE e.

    IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Settings button | View Files
    button | Scroll down to whatever *.ico files you want to keep | Left click
    favicon.ico | Drag to Desktop | Rename to whatever | Store in a folder such
    as >> C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\My Documents\ICONS

    Open Favorites | Right click whatever item | Properties | Change Icon |
    button | Browse button | Click: My Documents or wherever *.ico are stored |
    Click whatever *.ico | Open button | OK | Apply | OK
    Repeat as necessary.

    If you move any *.ico files after customizing your shortcut/favorite, the
    icon will revert back to the blue e

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:pJTGe.5360$W72.1698@trndny05,
    rob <robf59@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Seems all my icons (google, yahoo, etc.) in the links toolbar in IE6 are
    > now generic 'e' icons. What happened to the 'real' icons and how can i
    > get them back?
    > TY
    >
    > --
    > "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
    > Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
    >
    > Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist
    > (1749 - 1832)

Configuration Icons IE6 Windows XP