hp vs sony laptops?

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 20, 2005 7:13:22 PM

hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
i use ms office/email/photoshop..

compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.

which one wud u go for, why/why not?

w.
vancouver bc

--

More about : sony laptops

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 21, 2005 7:45:12 AM

W Chan wrote:
> hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
> i use ms office/email/photoshop..
>
> compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.
>
> which one wud u go for, why/why not?
>
> w.
> vancouver bc

I have been quite satisfied with my HP laptop. However, such aspects as
weight, and price might have different priorities in your case. The
Sony will likely be lighter, and more expensive, but such tradeoffs are
why there are different models. Either should perform well.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Neither. I got the HP/Compaq nw8000. Works fine. Otherwise, look at the Dell
laptops. I think their decent ones are called Latitude. BTW, which digital
camera do you use? Do you intend to use it in the field to backup and post
process your images right at or close to the shooting location? If yes, the
nw8000 might be a little heavy.

Gregor

"W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
> hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
> i use ms office/email/photoshop..
>
> compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.
>
> which one wud u go for, why/why not?
>
> w.
> vancouver bc

a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 21, 2005 9:51:13 AM

i use nikon d-70 for foto shooting.
yes i want to use the laptop for image storage and perhaps some basic touch
up.. while most of the more serious editting wl be done at home... i use
photoshop and nikon capture.

at ths point, i tend to favour hp-dv4170... and will upgrade the RAM to 2G.

i use dell at work (latitude series)... it's ok.. i hv a couple of hard-disk
failures and the cd burner is quite a hit-miss... it's heavy too.. it may
not be the latest model...

w.

--

"GTO" <gregor_o@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Neither. I got the HP/Compaq nw8000. Works fine. Otherwise, look at the
Dell
> laptops. I think their decent ones are called Latitude. BTW, which digital
> camera do you use? Do you intend to use it in the field to backup and post
> process your images right at or close to the shooting location? If yes,
the
> nw8000 might be a little heavy.
>
> Gregor
>
> "W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
> > hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
> > i use ms office/email/photoshop..
> >
> > compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.
> >
> > which one wud u go for, why/why not?
> >
> > w.
> > vancouver bc
> >
> > --

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 22, 2005 1:23:12 PM

"W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
> hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
> i use ms office/email/photoshop..
>
> compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.
>
> which one wud u go for, why/why not?
>
> w.
> vancouver bc

The Sony Vaio laptop I bought my daughter was not the biggest and baddest
and meanest but with a bit more memory it flies, oh yeah and the software
bundled with the Sony is very good and included PhotoShop Elements and
Premiere.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 22, 2005 1:23:13 PM

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:23:12 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>"W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
>> hi, shopping for a laptop for my home use/photoshooting/editting..
>> i use ms office/email/photoshop..
>>
>> compare hp dv4000 (dv4170ca) vs. sony vaio fs660w..laptops.
>>
>> which one wud u go for, why/why not?
>>
>> w.
>> vancouver bc
>
>The Sony Vaio laptop I bought my daughter was not the biggest and baddest
>and meanest but with a bit more memory it flies, oh yeah and the software
>bundled with the Sony is very good and included PhotoShop Elements and
>Premiere.

Premiere or Premiere Elements?

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"

> at ths point, i tend to favour hp-dv4170... and will upgrade the RAM to
> 2G.

A Pavlap is something you buy for your kid to use for messaging her friends
or
your mother to use for e-mailing on AOL.

Forget those consumer notebooks, leave them for the kids.
Go to SMB on HP.com and buy a real notebook.
September 23, 2005 10:29:07 AM

Lmode wrote:
> "W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
>
>> at ths point, i tend to favour hp-dv4170... and will upgrade the RAM to
>> 2G.
>>
> A Pavlap is something you buy for your kid to use for messaging her friends
> or your mother to use for e-mailing on AOL.

Oh, don't do that to your mother. Mother-in-law maybe. Either that, or
a Pinto with Firestone 500 tires.

> Forget those consumer notebooks, leave them for the kids.
> Go to SMB on HP.com and buy a real notebook.

There's better places to buy real notebooks. Like Dell.
!