Sign in with
Your question

New CPU, Mobo and RAM windows wont load.

Last response: in Systems
September 8, 2012 10:21:19 PM

So i bough a bunch of new parts. mobo MSI NF750-G55, cpu AMD PHENOM II X4 840 3.2Ghz,
ram OCZ GOLD SERIES PC3. But the pc starts up its shows a MSI picture, then windows starts to load but it just stops and restarts, then i get the system recovery options or to start normal.. it loops. The only thing i kept was the HDD with the installed os.
September 8, 2012 10:32:48 PM

The oem version of windows is locked to its original motherboard.
m
l
a c 113 à CPUs
September 8, 2012 10:33:18 PM

Was the previous motherboard also based on an NVidia chipset? If not, then the system probably crashes with an 0x0000007B error. It also is possible that the previous motherboard's SATA controller was configured in IDE mode and the new one is in AHCI mode. Change it to IDE to see if it resolves that issue.
m
l
Related resources
September 8, 2012 10:38:51 PM

GhislainG said:
Was the previous motherboard also based on an NVidia chipset? If not, then the system probably crashes with an 0x0000007B error. It also is possible that the previous motherboard's SATA controller was configured in IDE mode and the new one is in AHCI mode. Change it to IDE to see if it resolves that issue.

how would i change it to IDE mode? sorry its my first build but i did my homework and everything is clean.
m
l
a c 113 à CPUs
September 8, 2012 10:49:10 PM

What was the previous motherboard? You can get into the BIOS configuration screen by pressing the Delete key during POST, then read the user guide as it explains how/where you can configure the SATA controller.
m
l
September 8, 2012 11:03:13 PM

i dont know it was some generic mobo that came with a HP p6213w pc. im having a hard time finding anything on the SATA configuration in that guide.
m
l
September 8, 2012 11:11:06 PM

in the sata settings i can only change LBA and DMA settings, thats about it.
m
l
a c 113 à CPUs
September 8, 2012 11:43:19 PM

Since your system is an HP OEM, strife_ff7 is correct. You probably should buy another copy of Windows 7, but the one on the disk will work if you can fix the chipset drivers issue (and replace quite a few other drivers once it boots).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume... The old motherboard is based on an Intel chipset and that's the reason why the system crashes. The easiest way to resolve that issue is to install a legit copy of Windows from scratch. Fixing that error may be difficult, but start by making sure the SATA controller is in IDE mode.
m
l
a c 113 à CPUs
September 8, 2012 11:44:20 PM

cavatio said:
in the sata settings i can only change LBA and DMA settings, thats about it.

Then reinstall Windows 7 from scratch.

Edit: What is the setting for Integrated Peripherals, On-Chip ATA Device, RAID Mode?
m
l
!