What memory to get? (ASRock Z77 Extreme4, I5 3570K)

GuppyFishNoob

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
hey everyone. im getting a new build and at the heart of it will be a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and I5 3570K. Im going to be overclocking the CPU as far as it can go. My question is what memory should i get? is there a particular speed i should be going for? is it worth getting faster memory because of my overclocking? the only thing is it has to come from pccasegear.com and keep in my black and red theme. i do quite like the look of gskill sniper but want the best memory for my build and overclocking. only going to be using 8GB as my buid is strictly for gaming. or should i get more?

Memory overclocking capability is irrelevant for CPU overclocking on the LGA 1155 platform because the CPU frequency is increased pretty much purely by the CPU multiplier instead of a mix between BLCK/FSB and CPU multiplier. Memory performance is also generally not a significant factor in system perfomrance except in some specific applications such as compression/decompression, rendering, and AVX accelerated workloads. If this is a gaming computer, keep in mind that going beyond 1600MT/s for 1866MT/s usually gives little to no benefit on the LGA 1155 CPUs in gaming performance.

TRENDING THREADS