Computer won't recognise new sound card

I just bought a sweex SC011, plugged it into my PCI slot but my computer doesn't recognise it. Tried a different slot but no luck. When I try drivers from the website, or from the disk it just says Please plug-in C-Media PCI Audio Device device. Any help appreciated
22 answers Last reply
More about computer recognise sound card
  1. Hello... What windows system are you using?
  2. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... What windows system are you using?

    Windows 7 64-bit


    Don't...

    Bump posts


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
  3. Hello... this their website... http://www.sweex.com/nl/assortiment/sound-vision/sound-cards/SC011/drivers_firmware/ and the driver download for 7 doesn't mention 64 bit support... did you try to use this install download?
  4. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... this their website... http://www.sweex.com/nl/assortiment/sound-vision/sound-cards/SC011/drivers_firmware/ and the driver download for 7 doesn't mention 64 bit support... did you try to use this install download?

    Yeah, that's the one I used but didn't work, it doesn't say it's 32 bit either though, so I assume it's for all windows 7. If it was for 32 bit, I think it would still install, even if it wasn't optimised for 64 bit
  5. Nope. You can't install 32-bit drivers on Win64. If they never produced a 64-bit driver, then you are out of luck.
  6. gamerk316 said:
    Nope. You can't install 32-bit drivers on Win64. If they never produced a 64-bit driver, then you are out of luck.

    What should I do now?
  7. Install a 32-bit OS on a separate partition to see if your card works with the 32 bit drivers. Or ditch the card and (if available) a) go with onboard sound and/or b) hdmi audio out through your video card to a receiver/hdtv.
  8. Well, C-Media generally produces their own drivers that other companies that use their products modify for their use, so the generic C-Media driver package *might* work.
  9. Just returned my sound card today and got a brand new one. This one http://eu.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/Sound-Cards-Video-Cards/4-Channel-PCI-Sound-Card-with-AC97-3D-Audio-Effects~PCISOUND4CH Clearly says that 64-bit windows 7 is supported but I ran into the exact same problem. "please plug-in c-media audio device device". Tried a few different drivers, all for 64-bit windows 7. What do I do now?
  10. Try a difference PCI slot.
  11. Will do
  12. gamerk316 said:
    Try a difference PCI slot.

    Haven't been posting because I've been trying to figure out what has been causing this. Still no idea. I tried another PCI slot but once I do that, when I turn on my computer windows doesn't load past the part where there are 4 little circles to make up the windows logo. Just stays on that part forever. Then I am forced to turn off my computer and restart, happens again and again and the only way I can get my computer to start normally again is to instead of "run windows normally" to do something like a system restore. But to do this I actually have to take the card out. The computer won't turn on with the card in that slot...
  13. Hello... that means the card is broken/Bad... when installing any cards, be sure you first touch a metal grounded item before handling... if you leave your computer power supply plugged in, touch the metal first.
  14. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... that means the card is broken/Bad... when installing any cards, be sure you first touch a metal grounded item before handling... if you leave your computer power supply plugged in, touch the metal first.

    I did in fact touch my metal computer case before touching it, how could this have happened?
  15. Hello... what is your Budget? and Location? so I can recomend a better quality sound chip and seller... I have few GOOD Creative SB audigy cards laying around... what is your computer brand/motherboard?
  16. Not sure I want to spend too much money on it, considering I just spent a bit on one that doesn't work... Probably 30 euro maximum and I live in Ireland. I don't need anything fancy. All I need is something that WORKS and must have a mic slot
  17. oh yeah, and my motherboard is P5Q SE2 from asus
  18. Hello... your board has ONBOARD AUDIO... why not use it? did you try disabling in your BIO's and then try plugging your new card in? http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P5Q_SE2/#support_Download_30 ...The ONBOARD drivers for your motherboard, (enable in your BIO's).
  19. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... your board has ONBOARD AUDIO... why not use it? did you try disabling in your BIO's and then try plugging your new card in? http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P5Q_SE2/#support_Download_30 ...The ONBOARD drivers for your motherboard, (enable in your BIO's).

    There's a reason. The on-board version is of very low quality and my microphone has huge "feedback" problems where there is a sound of wind and like a squeaking squirrel in the backround. This is why I need a sound card.
  20. Hello... Did you try disabling Onboard... there could be a hardware/motherboard conflict with your new card... save new BIO's settings and restart... power off... install new card... power on.
  21. I will try that
  22. PCI slots are good. Run a driversweep and clear ALLLL the sound card drivers. Do what Ironsounds said and reinstall drivers in Safe Mode.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards PCI Devices Computers Components