Is this build good? Ordering in a week!!!

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
are you narutosteve from Tarreo Chile?
I remember a guy called like that from a while ago, you were trolled so hard on the forums x)

Yeah well about the build, the parts are compatible.
However the CPU cooler is a weak part, the Hyper212 EVO is a much better choice, and its really cheap as well.

The power supply may be too much for your build, maybe reduce wattage a bit, to 550 80+ efficiency.

About the graphics... for BF3 you will be able to get 1080p but only with medium settings, if you go past 1080p it will not be playable. GW2 I dont know, but I expect a similar behavior to BF3, medium settings at 1080p. All other games will run maxed out with your card, which, in my opinion, is one of the best performance/price wise.
If you feel like upgrading a little bit, you can go for a 660Ti or an HD7870. The 7870 would be my personal choice because of overclocking headroom but that's just me.

And another note, is that I feel that your motherboard may be too weak. If you plan to upgrade your CPU sometime soon, you should get a better mobo so it can keep up to date while you change your hardware

Cheers c:

When you are on a budget, you need to plan a bit to get a balanced system.

My rule of thumb for a gaming ps is to budget twice as much for your graphics card as you do for the cpu.
The graphics card is the real engine of gaming.
Here, you have paired a $200 cou which is a fine one, with a $117 midrange graphics card.
I think you would have a better gaming experience with a $120 i3-2100 and a $200 graphics card such as a 7850.
Do not be put off by using a strong dual core cpu. Few games use more than 2 cores. Read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120.html

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012

I dont mean to be rude, but the guy clearly asked for a gaming pc for 800USD max.
Getting that CPU is overkill for that budget. If so, he would have to reduce cost on other components too, compromising the entire system

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012

King?
Dude you almost became a meme on the forum xD
Oh, those days.

@topic:
I agree with geofelt.
Give me a few minutes and I should have a balanced build for you.

guerrero

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Then he should GET A CHEAPER Z68 MOTHERBOARD AND NOT A OVERKILL Z77 FOR THAT 2500K

narutosteve

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

ahahaha
well that was a long time ago!!! now i dont play in that server i think i forgot my password etc hahah XD

guerrero

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

IF HE DID ADD THE 3570K IT WOULD CLEARLY STILL BE UNDER BUDGET

guerrero

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

SAYS THE GUY THAT CHOOSES AN AFTERMAKRET CPU COOLER FOR AN I3

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
If you want to overclock an 800USD machine, then I suggest you going to the AMD side. You wont get an Intel k-series too cheap, and getting it will compromise the quality of your other components.

Maybe this would fit: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gVVU

If you want to overclock on a budget, however, you can build around an FX4100 which is a near to the i3 performance, and you can always upgrade the cpu to a next gen FX chip (Vishera 2nd gen is coming out soon). In general, AMD motherboards are cheaper when offering the same features. Let me know if it catches your attention.