Sign in with
Your question

Is this build good? Ordering in a week!!!

Last response: in Systems
September 9, 2012 12:03:15 AM

I HAVE :MONITOR, ATX CASE WITH 4 FANS, AND I HAVE THE OPERATING SYSTEM

Here is what i have in mind! and my budget is Only 800 DOLLARS after shipping

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gVEA

the Total is= $726.89

what do you think about my build?? are all the parts compatible??
September 9, 2012 12:06:08 AM

i'll be playing games in 1920x10..
games like BF3, WOW, GW2, ETC AND i was thinking if this build would run it in high?
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:07:53 AM

Get an i5 3570k instead
m
l
Related resources
September 9, 2012 12:08:25 AM

And a Corsair 430w PSU
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:15:37 AM

are you narutosteve from Tarreo Chile?
I remember a guy called like that from a while ago, you were trolled so hard on the forums x)

Yeah well about the build, the parts are compatible.
However the CPU cooler is a weak part, the Hyper212 EVO is a much better choice, and its really cheap as well.

The power supply may be too much for your build, maybe reduce wattage a bit, to 550 80+ efficiency.

About the graphics... for BF3 you will be able to get 1080p but only with medium settings, if you go past 1080p it will not be playable. GW2 I dont know, but I expect a similar behavior to BF3, medium settings at 1080p. All other games will run maxed out with your card, which, in my opinion, is one of the best performance/price wise.
If you feel like upgrading a little bit, you can go for a 660Ti or an HD7870. The 7870 would be my personal choice because of overclocking headroom but that's just me.

And another note, is that I feel that your motherboard may be too weak. If you plan to upgrade your CPU sometime soon, you should get a better mobo so it can keep up to date while you change your hardware

Cheers c:
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:16:26 AM

No im getting the PSU 650w because i want it to last more like i want to upgrade it in like 2-3 years
m
l
a c 76 C Monitor
September 9, 2012 12:17:36 AM

When you are on a budget, you need to plan a bit to get a balanced system.

My rule of thumb for a gaming ps is to budget twice as much for your graphics card as you do for the cpu.
The graphics card is the real engine of gaming.
Here, you have paired a $200 cou which is a fine one, with a $117 midrange graphics card.
I think you would have a better gaming experience with a $120 i3-2100 and a $200 graphics card such as a 7850.
Do not be put off by using a strong dual core cpu. Few games use more than 2 cores. Read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-a...
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:21:46 AM

DUde hahaha you found me ! what a coincidence XD hahaha i was a king in the forum! haha i was famous for a bit i think ahahha
but thanks what mobo should i get in your opinion??
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:22:44 AM

guerrero said:
Get an i5 3570k instead

I dont mean to be rude, but the guy clearly asked for a gaming pc for 800USD max.
Getting that CPU is overkill for that budget. If so, he would have to reduce cost on other components too, compromising the entire system
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:24:22 AM

narutosteve said:
DUde hahaha you found me ! what a coincidence XD hahaha i was a king in the forum! haha i was famous for a bit i think ahahha
but thanks what mobo should i get in your opinion??

King?
Dude you almost became a meme on the forum xD
Oh, those days.

@topic:
I agree with geofelt.
Give me a few minutes and I should have a balanced build for you.
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:24:45 AM

azraa said:
I dont mean to be rude, but the guy clearly asked for a gaming pc for 800USD max.
Getting that CPU is overkill for that budget. If so, he would have to reduce cost on other components too, compromising the entire system

Then he should GET A CHEAPER Z68 MOTHERBOARD AND NOT A OVERKILL Z77 FOR THAT 2500K
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:27:57 AM

azraa said:
King?
Dude you almost became a meme on the forum xD
Oh, those days.

@topic:
I agree with geofelt.
Give me a few minutes and I should have a balanced build for you.

ahahaha
well that was a long time ago!!! now i dont play in that server i think i forgot my password etc hahah XD
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:33:01 AM

narutosteve said:
i have An ATX CASE so micro mobo doesnt work for me i think

IT WILL WORK
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:37:39 AM

i only have about 800 dollars so i dont think i can afford that and the mobo i think is too expensive i guess but i dont know
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:38:15 AM

azraa said:

IF HE DID ADD THE 3570K IT WOULD CLEARLY STILL BE UNDER BUDGET
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:44:46 AM

i will be overclocking just to let you know
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:53:21 AM

azraa said:
If you want to overclock an 800USD machine, then I suggest you going to the AMD side. You wont get an Intel k-series too cheap, and getting it will compromise the quality of your other components.

Maybe this would fit: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gVVU

If you want to overclock on a budget, however, you can build around an FX4100 which is a near to the i3 performance, and you can always upgrade the cpu to a next gen FX chip (Vishera 2nd gen is coming out soon). In general, AMD motherboards are cheaper when offering the same features. Let me know if it catches your attention.

SAYS THE GUY THAT CHOOSES AN AFTERMAKRET CPU COOLER FOR AN I3
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:54:38 AM

If you want to overclock an 800USD machine, then I suggest you going to the AMD side. You wont get an Intel k-series too cheap, and getting it will compromise the quality of your other components.

Maybe this would fit: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gVVU

If you want to overclock on a budget, however, you can build around an FX4100 which is a near to the i3 performance, and you can always upgrade the cpu to a next gen FX chip (Vishera 2nd gen is coming out soon). In general, AMD motherboards are cheaper when offering the same features. Let me know if it catches your attention.
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:58:06 AM

narutosteve said:
that looks much better thank you

Is this your first time building a PC?
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:59:22 AM

yes this will be my first time building a pc
m
l
September 9, 2012 12:59:56 AM

guerrero said:
Is this your first time building a PC?

yes this will be my first time , so thats why im really careful with the components, etc
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:01:22 AM

guerrero said:
SAYS THE GUY THAT CHOOSES AN AFTERMAKRET CPU COOLER FOR AN I3

Whops, my bad x)
Thanks for pointing that out.

Good call on the mobo as well, I forgot ASrock had mobos that good for that pricerange.
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:06:28 AM

ok then thanks for the help!!
i really like the builds thank you
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:20:14 AM

thanks for all the help i really appreciate it thanks!!!
im really exited about this gaming pc hahah i cant wait!!
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:21:36 AM

narutosteve said:
thanks for all the help i really appreciate it thanks!!!
im really exited about this gaming pc hahah i cant wait!!

If you chose mine choose this one

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gW2Y

lol
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:27:15 AM

guerrero said:
If you chose mine choose this one

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gW2Y

lol

i will thank you!! and did you change the ram thing? 1.65v i m not sure what that is so can you help me with that?
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:28:45 AM

narutosteve said:
i will thank you!! and did you change the ram thing? 1.65v i m not sure what that is so can you help me with that?

Yes, the first one I chose had 1.65v RAM but I changed the RAM and got a 1.5v one and watch those videos from Newegg because it'll help you install windows on the SSD
m
l
September 9, 2012 1:32:41 AM

actually the link you provided is exactly the same as your old link, just use the RAM from my build
m
l
a c 76 C Monitor
September 9, 2012 4:03:48 PM

narutosteve said:

Would you post what your current list of parts is, along with a description, price, and links.
It will be easier to see how well everything goes together.

If you have questions about some parts, then ask them. It is much better to get everything in order before you buy.

m
l
September 11, 2012 2:06:04 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/h7oQ
this is exactly what i am ordering!!
i already got some parts!
i got the monitor, the case, windows7 64 bit, motherboard with a 60gb SSD for free, and the DVD Burner.
m
l
September 11, 2012 2:08:07 AM

the total comes to about a 1000 bucks so thats pretty much what i have i am happy with this build
m
l
September 11, 2012 2:11:48 AM

geofelt said:
Would you post what your current list of parts is, along with a description, price, and links.
It will be easier to see how well everything goes together.

If you have questions about some parts, then ask them. It is much better to get everything in order before you buy.

I have another question will a ivy bridge work on my motherboard? or is it only compatible with sandy bridge? which one is better?? whats the difference and how doo i know if motherboard and CPU are compatible??
m
l
September 11, 2012 3:45:47 AM

Your cpu and mobo were made for each other(literally).

If you still can, I'd go with the corsair cx430v2 vs the cx600. The later is more than you
need. They former is more than enough for your build. See my build a few posts back.
m
l
!