Photoshop cs4 graphics card requirements

johncaldwell

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hello,
I teach computer graphics using photoshop cs4. I have bee able to do some limited 3d graphics using a 254 meg graphics card on a first generation mac. I was recently given some identical machines that have the only difference is they have 128 graphics cards, but these will not perform 3d tasks with photoshop cs4. Is there anything I can do short of buying new graphics cards to get these added machines that can get them to perform 3d tasks in photoshop cs4?

Solution
Except for upgrading the GPU with an Nvidia GPU with more than 92 CUDA cores or an AMD GPU with more than 480 stream processors, you are out of luck. At best you can see if Blender works fine, and teach them that if it works.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Except for upgrading the GPU with an Nvidia GPU with more than 92 CUDA cores or an AMD GPU with more than 480 stream processors, you are out of luck. At best you can see if Blender works fine, and teach them that if it works.

Solution

johncaldwell

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

Thank you reprotected. I really dont know what any of that means since I said "aside from buying a new graphics card."