Asus Xonar DX vs Steelseries 7H USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I would say the Asus card hands down. Advertised numbers are not always realized, so it really not the best idea to go by them. But, you can look at signal/noise ratio, number of outputs, bit rates, etc. Steelseries is unable to put as large or as high quality parts into that small of a case. I would take a quality PCI/PCIe card over USB audio almost every time. Asus makes great cards too as I have used a few of them and prefer their sound over onboard solutions.
I would say the Asus card hands down. Advertised numbers are not always realized, so it really not the best idea to go by them. But, you can look at signal/noise ratio, number of outputs, bit rates, etc. Steelseries is unable to put as large or as high quality parts into that small of a case. I would take a quality PCI/PCIe card over USB audio almost every time. Asus makes great cards too as I have used a few of them and prefer their sound over onboard solutions.

Solution

ecko69x

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Now, the Steelseries 7H USB is advertised as 7.1 surround sound. Is that only if you use their USB?

Cause I'm also wondering if it makes a difference on what kind of headset I plug into the Asus Xonar DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.