Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus Xonar DX vs Steelseries 7H USB

Last response: in Components

Best solution

January 23, 2013 5:20:27 PM

I would say the Asus card hands down. Advertised numbers are not always realized, so it really not the best idea to go by them. But, you can look at signal/noise ratio, number of outputs, bit rates, etc. Steelseries is unable to put as large or as high quality parts into that small of a case. I would take a quality PCI/PCIe card over USB audio almost every time. Asus makes great cards too as I have used a few of them and prefer their sound over onboard solutions.
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 6:45:44 PM

Can't view specs at work, but I can guarantee the DX is the superior product without even looking at the Steelseries spec sheet.

If you want to know for sure, hunt down some rightmark audio analyser tests for both the DX and Steelseries.
Score
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 6:51:03 PM

i can say and garantee the asus dx has better quality, the specs also can be misleading, i cant find a headphone that has better quality built in, unless ur talking of high end headsets with amp thats a different story.

Score
January 23, 2013 10:22:35 PM

Now, the Steelseries 7H USB is advertised as 7.1 surround sound. Is that only if you use their USB?

Cause I'm also wondering if it makes a difference on what kind of headset I plug into the Asus Xonar DX.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 10:27:31 PM

well let me tell u to have tru 7.1 u need an amp, or an amp with 7.1 speakers.

tru 7.1 headphones cost over 300$.

Score
January 24, 2013 2:49:58 PM

Best answer selected by ecko69x.
Score
!