Sign in with
Your question

How to install nvidia drivers in acer laptops

Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2012 8:46:10 AM

i can not install nVIDIA verde 285.62 drivers in my acer laptop everytime i try it goes to nVIDIA installation menu and tells me...compatible graphic hardware not found even though i have an nVIDIA GEFORCE GT330M CUDA 1 GB in my laptop please tell me if anyone of you can help me. :( 
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a c 87 Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
February 12, 2012 12:11:50 AM

Are you choosing the correct 32bit or 64bit driver?
m
l
February 12, 2012 12:26:32 AM

most likely you downloading wrong version of drivers, the only few times i seen that massage was when i grabbed wrong drivers off website.
also possible you have different GPU (but im guessing you know for sure)
m
l
Related resources
February 19, 2012 8:25:02 AM

i am trying for 64 bit i got everything right its just i am not able to install it. I dunno if its because Acer don't allow to as an OEM to install driver from Nvidia or that my notebook in particular has got some issue.
m
l
February 19, 2012 8:27:44 AM

anort3 said:
Are you choosing the correct 32bit or 64bit driver?

yup I am, Nvidia website gives a very clear info on what i should download as per my laptop config. tell me if u think there is another issue then that.
m
l
February 19, 2012 1:21:23 PM

have you try that auto detect your gpu on nvidia web site??
I ran into same problem when i reinstall kids laptop, after like 5 different downloads finally got right package from web site.
It is possible GPU is dead on laptop thou
m
l
February 19, 2012 2:51:48 PM

yup i did downloaded the same driver... and ACER is not ready to hear me out on this they tell me "you have to use drivers on ACER website only" or the one pre installed on your notebook, but since they don't understand why it is important to update the driver to the current one I have stopped asking them for a solution. :|
m
l
March 1, 2013 3:31:57 PM

I have the same problem. My computer is supposed to have Nvidia GeForce 630M video card and no drivers fit,it doesn`t matter which version i download. Even downloading from acer site doenst work. Windows updates only download Intel HD Graphics drivers.
m
l
!