Sign in with
Your question

Please help with ethernet controller

Tags:
  • Ethernet Controller
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 23, 2013 5:30:01 PM

i have an hp pavilion a1710n desktop. i reloaded xp corporate 64 bit. Now i cannot find an ethernet driver to save the life of me. Its getting quite frustrating. Every download link takes me to a ms page to check for updates on the computer im on instead of letting me just download it. I ran driver robot on it and it says im missing a ras async adapter and a 1394 net adapter which i hear is for firewire. Could someone please provide a link to the downloads of the drivers i need or even just point me in the right direction. I cannot update with driver robot because it wont connect to the internet. Help is greatly appreciated.

More about : ethernet controller

January 23, 2013 7:53:52 PM

HP Support for drivers ...
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
January 23, 2013 9:06:31 PM

The Pavilion range of computers are aimed at consumers, I highly doubt there will be any XP x64 drivers available for it. XP 64 was a waste of time, there was very little driver support for it and as a consequence it was never really that common even in corporate networks.

If I recall correctly we installed it on a few machines before deciding it wasn't worth the agro.
m
l
January 24, 2013 12:22:11 AM

the hp website only provides the dl for a lightscribe driver. Which i do not have lightscribe in my dvd drive. Hp does not provide any links to ethernet controller drivers at all. Just some lightscribe driver. I know somewhere there are drivers for it, i just cannot find them. Im sure somewhere there is an ethernet controller that will give me internet. I know xp x64 isnt to popular but still. Theres go to be drivers somewhere.
m
l
February 4, 2013 6:15:13 PM

after more work and research i put windows xp x32 on it. and as soon as i installed the drivers for ethernet chipset etc. it freezes constantly. I think now i will try ubuntu for kicks and giggles. Any ideas?
m
l
Anonymous
February 5, 2013 10:50:23 AM

killahrepublic said:
after more work and research i put windows xp x32 on it. and as soon as i installed the drivers for ethernet chipset etc. it freezes constantly. I think now i will try ubuntu for kicks and giggles. Any ideas?

Yeah try Ubuntu, or if you're feeling adventurous, Debian.
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:56:47 PM

I installed ubuntu but it keeps going to this screen when i boot it up. I have a pic of the screen but i cannot find where to add attachments. So i will spell it out. It comes to a black screen that says some numbers and then drm:D rm_crtc_helper_set_config *ERROR* failed to set mode on crtc [10]
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:57:13 PM

the smiley is an underscore. not sure why that happened .
m
l
!