Please help with ethernet controller

i have an hp pavilion a1710n desktop. i reloaded xp corporate 64 bit. Now i cannot find an ethernet driver to save the life of me. Its getting quite frustrating. Every download link takes me to a ms page to check for updates on the computer im on instead of letting me just download it. I ran driver robot on it and it says im missing a ras async adapter and a 1394 net adapter which i hear is for firewire. Could someone please provide a link to the downloads of the drivers i need or even just point me in the right direction. I cannot update with driver robot because it wont connect to the internet. Help is greatly appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about please ethernet controller
  1. HP Support for drivers ...
  2. I've always been able to find drivers and other support at whatever manufacturer I'm working with; Nvidia, HP, Dell, etc. I'd try there.
    try this link:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3340227

its the driver support download page for your model number
  3. The Pavilion range of computers are aimed at consumers, I highly doubt there will be any XP x64 drivers available for it. XP 64 was a waste of time, there was very little driver support for it and as a consequence it was never really that common even in corporate networks.

If I recall correctly we installed it on a few machines before deciding it wasn't worth the agro.
  4. the hp website only provides the dl for a lightscribe driver. Which i do not have lightscribe in my dvd drive. Hp does not provide any links to ethernet controller drivers at all. Just some lightscribe driver. I know somewhere there are drivers for it, i just cannot find them. Im sure somewhere there is an ethernet controller that will give me internet. I know xp x64 isnt to popular but still. Theres go to be drivers somewhere.
  5. after more work and research i put windows xp x32 on it. and as soon as i installed the drivers for ethernet chipset etc. it freezes constantly. I think now i will try ubuntu for kicks and giggles. Any ideas?
  6. killahrepublic said:
    after more work and research i put windows xp x32 on it. and as soon as i installed the drivers for ethernet chipset etc. it freezes constantly. I think now i will try ubuntu for kicks and giggles. Any ideas?

Yeah try Ubuntu, or if you're feeling adventurous, Debian.
  7. I installed ubuntu but it keeps going to this screen when i boot it up. I have a pic of the screen but i cannot find where to add attachments. So i will spell it out. It comes to a black screen that says some numbers and then drm:drm_crtc_helper_set_config *ERROR* failed to set mode on crtc [10]
  8. the smiley is an underscore. not sure why that happened .
Ask a new question

Read More

Ethernet Controller Components