I want to formulate a no limit build

rowolfy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
i want to build myself a water cooled pc :bounce:

and since im doing this a little slowly there isnt a limit on what i can spend since ill be getting it all in pieces :pt1cable:

but i did set myself some rules :sweat:

one cpu socket nothing like the dual cpu socket boards

no more than two gpu

i also am on the fence about raid 0 ssd, yes or no? :??:

and unless someone reasons why i shouldnt id like to use this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345001

its hard to wrap your head around what to do when u have no limit

Okay that makes more sense, lol.

That case's colors don't appeal to me, but the case seems to be a high-quality case.

RAID 0 on SSDs isn't very useful unless you use some very storage intensive applications. Gaming does not make use of such workloads and would not benefit from RAID 0 used on modern SSDs.

An i5-3570K is probably your best option for a CPU. The i7s are much more expensive, but their performance advantage is in highly threaded performance, something that gaming does not make much use of at all.

What is your intended display resolution? It's difficult to recommend graphics without knowing what display resolution you want to play at.

rothingham

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
No offence, but I don't really see the point in buying it in pieces. (As in 1 piece now, others some time later, right?)
I mean, it's not that you can do much with just 1 or 2 parts, only of you have all of it, it can work.
Unless of course you've specialized in collecting dust.
So if you buy for example you motherboard now and you GPU in a week, 2 weeks later your CPU,...
By the time you get your last item, the first thing might have dropped in price (which is very likely in this fast evolving computer technology world).
So I suggest you spare your money until you can buy everything you need.
Even though it's a "no-limit" build, even saving $10 is always nice.

Aside from that, what do you intent to do with your pc?
That's pretty crucial when picking the parts.
Like blazorthon said, an i5 is more ideal for gaming, while and i7 will do better in video editing.
The case you've chosen is nice, not what i would have picked, but that's just a matter of personal opinion.
If you feel like 'Yes, this case is the one' then you shouldn't doubt.

rowolfy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
idc about waiting and having a price go down because thats a truth, even if i buy it all at once.. next week the whole thing could have been cheaper to buy if i had waited. it will always be cheaper somewhere else. no sense in worrying all that. if i do save ill be limiting myself

i do want to game a lot and for a while, and i like overclocking thats why i want water cooled, plus it looks nice.